After a fantastic TheCR Connect conference, we’re looking forward to continuing all of the different conversations that we started as discussions in TheCR Network for the next several months. We joined and heard conversations around a variety of topics including tools & platforms, Centers of Excellence, executives & proving value, and leadership & careers.
To get to further explore some of these areas, we’ll be digging in and exploring a particular theme in October as we did in September.
For October, we’ll be looking more at Leadership and Careers:
One of the topics that I was most interested in hearing about at Connect was the definition of leadership and how we, as community professionals, understand, use, and leverage our leadership in our communities as well as in our own organizations.
Around the topic of leadership & careers, we’ll be hosting the following events for members of TheCR Network (with more to come!):
- 10/8 – Leadership, Mindsets, & Culture: A Conversation with Anita Zielina
- 10/16 – From Preparation to Promotion: A Career Progression Case Study
- 10/22 – Community Conference Year In Review: 2019
Rest assured, we won’t be only discussing leadership & careers this month. We’ll also be hosting a variety of calls meant to continue a diverse set of discussions in TheCR Network, also leaving room for spur of the moment conversation:
- 10/4 – Salesforce Community Professionals Virtual Meet Up
- 10/9 – Jive/Aurea Community Professionals Virtual Meet Up
- 10/15 – Igloo Community Professionals Virtual Meet Up
- 10/17 – New Member Call & Introductions
- 10/29 – Managing A Migration: The YMCA Story
With members who are at all stages in their community leadership journey — from just starting out in community to owning director-level roles — we’re looking forward to getting to hear about how they furthered their careers, developed their skills, and led their own community programs.
If you’re looking at your own community career and skillsets, or if you’re looking for leadership opportunities, October is a fantastic time to join TheCR Network and take part in the conversation.