By Shannon DiGregorio Abram, Relationship Manager at The Community Roundtable.
We kicked off an exciting May of travel by tagging along with Rachel as she attended the J.Boye Web & Intranet Conference in Philadelphia. Rachel, along with three TheCR Network members, presented at the conference, and if our twitter stream is any indication, a great time was had by all.
Next week Rachel and Shannon will visit Orlando for Collective 2014, and the week after Jim, Hillary and Jillian will trek to the West Coast and visit San Francisco for Lithium’s LiNC. Will you be attending any of these events? Let us know – we’d love to catch up in person!
Didn’t get to attend J.Boye? We’ve pulled together all our favorite moments from the three day event in our very first Storify and included it at the end of this post.
Don’t worry – we didn’t forget the links (or the jobs!) this week:
Framework: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb – “The Collaborative Economy enables people to efficiently get what they need from each other. They use powerful technologies that enable Crowdfunding, Peer-to-Peer lending, the Maker Movement, and the Sharing Economy. If you look closely, the crowd is becoming like a company: self funding, designing, producing, and sharing what they already have.”
To Be Heard, Turn Down The Volume – “What is it about the Internet that has made everybody so sure of themselves? You’d think the level of disruption during the past 20 years would have had the opposite effect. Instead, the number of people stepping onto their virtual soapboxes and telling the rest of us what to do and think has exploded. They opine with such surety, such clarity, such force.”
New Webinar: Community Manager Spotlight with Ian White – This 30 minute live webinar on June 3rd at 2pm ET will focus on Ian’s community journey and his team’s innovative use of a community customer support model. His team recently won a silver award for Best Use of Technology in Customer Service at the eighth annual Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service. This webinar will include a Q&A – have your questions ready.
Want to Succeed in Social Business? Invest in It .- “The good news is that 76 percent of communities have approved strategies. This is a great indication that organizations and executives can now envision the value communities will contribute to their business and suggests a maturing market. The bad news? Only 35 percent communities have approved and resourced roadmaps.”
Community and Social Media Jobs:
- Community Executive at 1000heads – Greater New York City Area
- Senior Community Manager at Reputation.com – Redwood City, CA
- Global Director of Social Media BlackRock USA – NY
- Social Media Copywriter at Thrillist Media Group – NY
- Director Social Media Marketing at Capital One – Mclean,VA
- Associate Director, Social Media at Fuel Freedom Foundation – Irvine, CA
- Pro Sports – Social Media Associate at Workinsports – Minneapolis, MN
- Online Community Manager at TechSoup Global – San Francisco, Remote Work Possible
- Community Manager at HERE, a Nokia business – Boston, MA
- Social Media Community Manager at MDG Advertising – West Palm Beach, FL
- Community Manager at Carolina Herrera – New York, NY
- Social Media Strategist at Mason Zimbler – Austin, TX
- Community Manager at CyberCoders, Newton, MA
- Community Manager – Unreal Engine at Epic Games – Cary, NC
- Director of Social Media at Bentley Channel Group – Washington, DC
- Social Media & Community Manager at Zoosk – San Francisco, CA
- Content & Community Manager at The News Hub – London, England
- Community Manager at NPR – Washington, DC
Looking to take your career in community management to the next level? 92% of members agree that TheCR Network supports and advances their personal and professional goals. Learn how our research, access to peers and experts, targeted content and exclusive concierge service can help you achieve your goals.