By Shannon Abram, The Community Roundtable
Do you ever sit back and think “Ahhhh – I wish there was more community work for me to do here. This things just running itself!” Um, probably not – right?
Community managers wear multiple hats, work with myriad stakeholders and are expected to understand everything from business models to technical support – often working alone or (maybe) with part-time or volunteer help.
This week Ted shared a great post with three ideas to help scale the work you do – and the successes you see, as a community professional. Check it out and let us know if you have any tips or best practices for scaling your work.
Things We Are Reading This Week
Community Management and Social Media Jobs
- Chief Community Officer – DFS Family Services – New York City, NY
- Scratch Community Manager – Mit Media Lab, Scratch Project – Cambridge, MA
- Sr. Community Manager – Synopsys – San Francisco, CA
- Online Community Manager (Remote) – Atascadero Partners – Santa Fe, NM
- Community Manager – Cascade Management – Pasco, WA
- Social Media Community Manager – López Negrete – Houston, TX
- Global Social Media Community Manager – Citigroup – Long Island City, NY
- E-Commerce Marketing / Community Manager / Social Media Expert – Cap Export – Vernon, CA
- Social Media Manager/ Community Manager – Meredith – Entertainment and Media Industry – Culver City, CA
- Social Media Specialist – Community Management – Toms Shoes – Fashion Industry
- Community and Social Media Manager – Rapid7 – Boston, MA
- Social Media Community Manager – Petsmart – Phoenix, AZ