By Shannon Abram, The Community Roundtable
“The Lithys” recognize and celebrate customers that are using Lithium to solve problems,
create new products, innovate and engage with their customers at entirely new levels to create true business value. We’re lucky enough to have several member organizations up for these prestigious awards this year and wanted to showcase their amazing stories.
Not only are these great case studies on tackling community challenges, they are inspirational looks at how real community pros are approaching the same problems that many of you out there are. It’s a great reminder that you are NOT alone and with the right help can solve any problem!
Without further ado!
H&R Block – Social ROI Titan
When H&R Block embarked on its community initiative in 2013, the client community – The Community – was founded with the intention of providing clients a welcoming space to talk about the implications of taxes year round. What happens if I buy a house or get married? How does having a baby or adopting affect my taxes?
Cisco – Support Savings MVP
Our challenge was how to accelerate the knowledge expertise of over4,000 worldwide technical support engineers while sharing critical information across a global population. We’ve leveraged Lithium to engage and motivate our TAC Engineers worldwide to seamlessly transform their knowledge and expertise into knowledge for our customers and partners.
giffgaff – Support Savings MVP
At giffgaff our peer to peer support model is not simply a way of saving money, or reducing cases, etc. It’s an approach we believe is the right way of doing things. Because of that, is is integral to how we function and operate as a business.
Cisco – Social ROI Titan
At Cisco Systems, our Technical Assistance Center (TAC) of over 4,000 engineers has fully adopted our Social Knowledge Management platform (Tech Zone), behaviors and practices. The knowledge they create within the Tech Zone TKB is externalized as content our customers use to self-serve and self-solve, which allowed us to realize over $25M in case avoidance savings in 2014.
Things We Are Reading This Week
How do community managers spend their days? An SOCM2016 Preview – Ever think about how all your community managing minutes add up?
Building Your Own Support Network: Why Everyone is a Community Manager – How to use the principles of community management in real (not work!) life.
Global Peter Drucker Challenge 2016 -This contest aims at raising awareness of the works and humanistic values of Peter Drucker among young people – the new generation poised to build on a management philosophy that puts the human being at its center.
Online Community Influencer Index – Looking for places to connect online? Check out this list.
When Our Organizations Became Networks – Interesting read on the shift to digital organizations.
New Social Media and Community Jobs
- Enterprise Community and Knowledge Manager – CommVault Systems – Tinton Falls, NJ
- Internal Communications Manager -Athenahealth – Watertown, MA
- Community Manager – Higher LOGIC – Arlington, VA
- Social Media/Community Manager – Japan Crate – San Francisco, CA
- Social Media Community Manager – Main Street Hub – Austin, TX
- Community Manager/Intranet Service Support (Jive) – Dtg Consulting Solutions – New York, NY
- Grad Community Manager – National Marketing – Kaplan Test Prep – New York City, NY
- Social Media Strategist – Maq Consulting – Seattle, WA
- Social Media & Community Manager – Cybereason – Boston, MA
- Assistant Community Manager – Village Workspaces – Los Angeles, CA
- University of North Texas – Social Media Strategist – University of North Texas – Denton, TX
- SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR (CONSULTANT) -Frank PR – Entertainment and Media Industry – New York City, NY
- Technical Support Community Manager – Aternity – Westborough, MA