By Shannon Abram, Relationship Manager at The Community Roundtable.
Summer programming in TheCR Network is still going strong even we (sadly) approach the Fall. Hillary will give a more in-depth recap at the end of the month, but it’s been really fun to watch our members take part in some lighter community activities. We’ve been hosting book club meetings and weekly AMAs, talking about summer vacations and even taking part in a snail mail best practices challenge (community tip: everyone loves getting mail!) Do you plan any fun summer activities for you community? We’d love to hear about them!
Things We Are Reading This Week
Do You Have Change for a Bowie? The Advent of Artisanal Cash – Though paper money here typically bears the visage of Queen Elizabeth, the Brixton district of the city last month released a new 5-pound note designed by Jeremy Deller, an artist who won the prestigious Turner Prize in 2004. It features a fuzzy, psychedelic image of an androgynous face surrounded by rainbow clouds and coruscating, swirling etchings.
Conversations with Community Managers – Lori Harrison-Smith, Steelcase – Welcome to the latest episode in our community podcast series, “Conversations with Community Managers.” Join TheCR’s Jim Storer and Shannon Abram as they chat with community managers from a variety of industries about their community…
State of Community Management 2015 Monday Fact #8: New member programs matter – “You never get a second chance to make a first impression.” I try not to take too many words of wisdom from old shampoo commercials, but that Head and Shoulders Shampoo…
The Slides And Scripts I Use When I Present Working Out Loud – If you’re trying to tell other people about working out loud, this talk might help you. It’s called “Better for you. Better for the firm,” and it’s the same title as a recent interview I did with Forbes.
New Community and Social Media Jobs
- Associate, Learner Community at Coursera – Mountain View, CA
- Community Manager – Engage121 – Norwalk, CT
- Junior Social Media Community Manager – The Modern Connection, LLC – Charleston, SC
- Community Manager – R/GA – San Francisco, CA
- Community Manager – FirstService Residential – Easton, PA
- Community Manager – Munchery – Seattle, WA
- Community Manager – F50 – San Francisco, CA
- GiffGaff – Junior Community Manager – Telefónica O2 – Middlesex, NJ
- Community Manager – Laundry Service – New York, NY
- Community Manager – 2K Games – Novato, CA
- Community Manager – Stefanini IT Solutions – Folsom, CA
- Community Manager – YEC – Boston, MA
- Community Manager – Enjoyney – San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- Community Manager – BrightTALK – San Francisco, CA
- Community Manager – RecargaPay – Arkansas
Want to meet community professionals, workshop your community challenges and get inspired by community success stories? Join us for TheCR Connect.