Website Textile Exchange
Community Coordinator – Remote (Coding experience required)
Textile Exchange is a global non-profit driving positive impact on climate change across the fashion and textile industry. It guides a growing community of brands, manufacturers, and farmers towards more purposeful production from the very start of the supply chain.
By 2030, its goal is to guide the industry to achieve a 45% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions within fiber and raw material production. Its focus is holistic and interconnected, accelerating the adoption of practices that improve the state of our water, soil health, and biodiversity too.
For real change to happen, everyone needs a clear path to positive impact. That is why Textile Exchange believes that approachable, step-by-step instruction paired with collective action can change the system to make preferred materials and fibers an accessible default, mobilizing leaders through attainable strategies, proven solutions, and a driven community.
At Textile Exchange, materials matter. To learn more, visit TextileExchange.org.
Working at Textile Exchange
We work remotely with a team located in 20+ countries. We are a diverse group committed to harnessing the strengths of the global textile industry to accelerate change toward climate and other key environmental goals. We work collaboratively on important environmental issues around the world by working and interacting with farming groups, processors, brands, retailers, and environmental experts in the textile and fashion industries around the world. We offer an opportunity to join a cutting-edge global environmental nonprofit and to help strengthen the impact of our organization. Each Textile Exchange employee is offered a competitive compensation package with paid time off, yearly bonus, opportunities for continuing education, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and participate in the community daily. Nurture all communities across our platform to ensure they are getting the attention they need to thrive.
- Manage support tickets with Higher Logic, troubleshoot glitches, and provide community access assistance.
- Enforce community policies, manage any disruptions, violations or issues that occur in the community.
- Provide community admins training and support.
- Proactive management of the community by making sure contacts and permissions are updated.
- Participate in online webinars to build community and boost brand awareness.
- Improve organization and use of our internal project management tool, ClickUp.
Additional content-related responsibilities
- Work alongside our communications team to create impactful content to educate, inspire, and galvanize our community while ensuring brand consistency.
- Keep community calendars and site links updated.
- Archive and organize community resources.
- Work with the Website Specialist to ensure file accuracy across platforms.
Additional tech-related responsibilities
- Flag and escalate potential product or service issues as they arise.
- Support the roll out of new applications and tools for external communities.
- Create technical documentation to guide future development projects.
- Identify areas of business process improvement for existing manual processes and develop scripted automations.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Experience working with online communities strongly preferred
- Strong time management skills and experience organizing multiple tasks and deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a diverse, global, virtual environment.
- Experience in delivering excellence in a customer service environment is preferred.
- Experience creating written and digital skill development and training materials is preferred.
- Exceptional English writing skills in a personable yet professional tone.
- Ability to work in a team, and independently; self-directed and proactive.
- Experience in Google Analytics is a plus.
- Fluency in additional languages is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in web design or related field is a plus.
- Location: Los Angeles Metro, CA, USA, preferred but not required.
- Full-Time Position, 40 Hours a Week
- Location: Virtual/Remote
- Salary Range: $38,000 – $46,000 USD Dependent on experience
- Start Date: As Soon as Available
- Our offers for salary and benefits are dependent on the region of the final candidate. We post most positions based on a US-based Team member but final offers are done in alignment with the final candidate’s permanent residence and in line with Textile Exchange’s regional employment package.
How to Apply
- Cover Letter (Submissions without a CV will not be considered.)
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis as they are submitted. Early application submission is strongly encouraged.
Textile Exchange is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org