The Community Manager will be responsible for growing, nurturing, and managing the Scholastic Innovation Lab. This vibrant community of educators and students collaborates to inform and co-create products that will shape the future of literacy and learning. Acting as the main liaison for Innovation Lab members, the Community Manager will oversee all communications and foster a sense of belonging and purpose. Through careful planning of events, crafting engaging communication strategies, and facilitating member conversations, this role will ensure the community remains active and engaged. The Community Manager will work closely with the Design Research team in recruiting, scheduling, and follow up.
The role will report to the Head of Design Research within the Scholastic Education Solutions Group, collaborating closely with various teams, including marketing, product development, editorial, and other key stakeholders. This position is based in New York, with the option for remote work.
- Develop inclusive and diverse recruitment strategies
- Scale community strategy through engagement initiatives, programs, and events
- Plan the end-to-end event programming calendar, incorporating diverse content and formats
- Design inspiring agendas with engaging activities and speakers for all events
- Create & execute programming that fosters community connections
- Develop and execute a content marketing plan, including an editorial calendar
- Craft engaging content for monthly newsletters and other communications
- Organize and assist in workshops for research and co-design processes
- Manage recruitment and scheduling of research sessions and workshops
- Foster intentional spaces for educators to connect, ask questions, and share experiences
- Maintain a database of members, tracking interactions and follow-ups
- Design engaging visuals for presentations, emails, and social media
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books, a leading provider of core literacy curriculum and professional services, and a producer of educational and entertaining children’s media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs for pre-K to grade 12, classroom magazines and other products and services that support children’s learning both in school and at home. With operations in 14 international offices and exports to 165 countries, Scholastic makes quality, affordable books available to all children around the world through school-based book clubs and book fairs, classroom collections, school and public libraries, retail and online. True to its mission of 100+ years to encourage the personal and intellectual growth of all children beginning with literacy, the Company has earned a reputation as a trusted partner to educators and families. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Some benefits that we offer:
• 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
• Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.
HOW YOU CAN FIT (Qualifications)
- Minimum two years of experience as a community manager or in a similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience or strong interest in working with educators
- Proven ability to plan and lead community initiatives
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Hands-on experience with social media management and design tools like Canva
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- High comfort level with technology, including proficiency in tools such as Airtable, Mailchimp, Slack, and Calendly
- Ability to create and maintain process documentation
To apply for this job please visit scholastic.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.