Do you have a passion for fostering the spirit of innovation and idea sharing among customers and employees? If so, you can help build, guide, and execute the vision for a passionate and growing community of more than 250,000 members worldwide. You will engage with customers and employees to encourage and inspire them to share their product ideas. You will help ensure the voice of the customer influences product development, grow an innovation community by building relationships, and design an idea sharing experience that’s positive and valuable. Be part of an award-winning team that’s growing the digital destination for the worldwide GIS community to find solutions, share ideas, and collaborate.
- Own and develop the ArcGIS Ideas external and internal community strategy
- Drive adoption and engagement of ArcGIS Ideas within Product Management and Software Development
- Cultivate a collaborative, valuable, safe, and efficient ideas community experience
- Manage the ArcGIS Ideas community structure including building new exchanges, adding new idea managers, and adding labels and statuses
- Generate regular analytic ArcGIS Ideas reports
- Champion and support staff participation in the ideas community through training, regular meetings, and ongoing advocacy
- Maintain and improve internal ArcGIS Ideas management apps, guides, and documentation
- Create, coordinate, and manage editorial content calendar for ArcGIS Ideas exchanges
- Maintain knowledge of community platform, champion technical enhancements, and work with community team and vendor to address technical issues
- Plan, write, curate, edit, and distribute weekly and monthly content (written copy, videos, photos) about the ArcGIS Ideas community including member success stories
- Develop marketing content and campaigns to promote ArcGIS Ideas to current and new members including the creation of new designs, images, videos, graphics, logos
- Partner with social media, web, and other internal teams to integrate ArcGIS Ideas community strategy within all aspects of the organization and customer experience
- 3+ years of customer experience, support, communications, or community management experience
- 3+ years of experience creating content for communities or online programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Robust and demonstrated knowledge of GIS and Esri software and products
- Demonstrated knowledge of one or more major community platforms or social business software (Jive, Yammer, Khoros , Salesforce, Walkme, SharePoint)
- Demonstrated knowledge and utilization of project management processes and tools such as Trello and Jira
- High level of initiative and desire to create a world-class content and user experience
- Aptitude for system and business process integration that may enhance community and collaboration experiences
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Camtasia Studio, and Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of multiple sectors (e.g., private, public, non-profit)
- Strong cross-team collaboration skills
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time
- Bachelor’s in communications, business, or related field
- Experience using or supporting Esri software and products
- Basic understanding of community gamification principles to guide human behavior
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today’s volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
To apply for this job please visit external-esri.icims.com.