Do you have a passion for engaging with customers and helping them address their questions, issues, and suggestions? If so, you can help build, guide, and execute the vision for a passionate and growing community of more than 250,000 members worldwide. Be a part of an award-winning team that’s growing the digital destination for the worldwide GIS community to find solutions, share ideas, and collaborate.
In this role, you will engage members and create community content that isn’t about broadcasting messages but starting a meaningful dialogue, building relationships, and encouraging positive action with the community. In addition, we are discovering and creating solutions to make the community experience and content more valuable and meaningful to members.
- Cultivate a valuable community experience by encouraging connections and collaboration between members, managing group requests, and facilitating online and in-person events
- Own the execution of the content strategy to grow community engagement, awareness, and adoption by being a key connector between customers and staff to help answer product questions
- Foster a safe and efficient community by monitoring spam and abuse reports, assisting users with account issues and access questions, and opening platform vendor cases
- Create and manage community editorial content calendar and assist in coordinating community events
- Plan, write, curate, edit, and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly content (written copy, videos, photos) about the community including member success stories
- Generate regular content analytic reports to measure the success and impact of content
- Develop marketing content and campaigns to promote Esri Community to current and new members including the creation of new designs, images, videos, graphics, logos, and call to action banners
- Champion and support staff participation in the community through training, regular meetings, and ongoing advocacy
- Partner with social media, web, and other internal teams to integrate community content strategy within all aspects of the organization and customer experience
- Maintain knowledge of community content tools; stay current on community engagement and content trends and best practices
- 3+ years of communications, community management, or marketing experience
- 3+ years of experience creating content for communities or online programs
- Excellent communicator in a variety of formats (written, verbal, in person, and online)
- Demonstrated knowledge and utilization of project management processes and tools
- High level of initiative and desire to create a world-class content and user experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of one or more major community platforms or social business software (Jive, Yammer, Khoros , Salesforce, Walkme, and SharePoint)
- Aptitude for system and business process integration that may enhance community and collaboration experiences
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop; Camtasia Studio; Microsoft Office, Teams, and PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of multiple sectors (e.g., private, public, non-profit)
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time
- Bachelor’s in communications, business, or related field
- Familiarity with GIS and Esri software
- Basic understanding of community gamification principles to guide human behavior
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today’s volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
To apply for this job please visit www.esri.com.