Y-USA is seeking to fill a community management role with either an emerging professional or seasoned manager. We are accepting applications for both skill levels yet will fill only one vacancy.
The Community Specialist or Manager supports the administration of an internal enterprise social network across the YMCA federated structure, helping to implement strategies to ensure local Y and Y-USA needs and goals are met; risks to our brand and reputation are mitigated; and community moderators at Y-USA and local Ys are recruited, trained, and coached.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Hold 2-3 years experience (4-7 for manager) overseeing communication, communities of practice, moderated social networking communities, discussion boards, and/or intranet content
• Demonstrated experience capturing, curating, and organizing content in a knowledge management system
• Demonstrated ability to work with limited guidance; work independently (manager)
• Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize, and solve problems in a fast-paced working environment required
• Demonstrated ability to interact with diverse internal and external individuals at all levels of an organization required
• Experience generating reports and presenting observations (performing data analysis) on a technology platform required
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule as determined by priorities of the team
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook
• Intermediate (advanced) knowledge of user experience design, web and mobile technologies, and social media
• Demonstrated ability to learn software quickly and train others
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of HTML and CSS preferred
• Commitment to the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility required
• Values. Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
• Inclusion. Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
• Relationships. Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
• Communication. Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
• Quality Results. Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
• Change Capacity. Leads self and others through change by navigating ambiguity appropriately and adapting well to new situations, obstacles, and opportunities.
• Emotional Maturity. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
• Self-Development. Is dedicated to the improvement of own capabilities and demonstrates this through the continual expansion of knowledge and skills.
• Implements system-wide internal enterprise knowledge-sharing and social-networking platform and processes in accordance with approved guidelines
• Subject matter lead (expert) and go-to person for knowledge management strategies and implementation
• Moderates daily platform activity including discussion feeds in multiple online communities and project spaces, optimizes content to enhance user experience, and leverages social technologies and virtual engagement strategies to advance peer networking and knowledge sharing
• Collaborates cross-functionally to employ knowledge-sharing best practices and activities on- and off-line to spur innovation, increase staff productivity, and ensure alignment with organizational priorities
• Identifies, tracks, and elevates trends in user needs and behaviors to inform engagement planning, community life cycle management, and organizational strategies
• Supports (Manages) the recruitment, onboarding, training, and coaching of teams of moderators using both online and in-person vehicles
• Completes reporting and analytic activities, as identified in collaboration with KM team, including creating community metrics through data retrieval and input and preparing, reviewing, updating, and maintaining reports and related databases
• Supports the delivery of (Delivers) training on the importance and role of knowledge sharing in the organization and knowledge-sharing best practices; holds refresher sessions and office hours using both online and in-person vehicles; maintains KM training documentation
• Monitors and responds to or properly escalates platform-related questions and feedback received via the platform, email, Internet, and from the Y-USA Contact Center
• Informs, documents, and maintains department and platform standard operating procedures and processes; informs and maintains procedures and system configurations to improve efficiency and user experience
• Informs and supports implementation of system releases; cocreates related process updates
• Ensures brand compliance and consistent use of language in materials and messaging, and supports appropriate application of organizational branding on the platform
• Participates in the logging and testing of platform bugs, defects, and inconsistencies, as needed.
• Helps ensure (Ensures) evolving industry trends and standards around online community management and knowledge management inform continued enhancements of Y-USA knowledge management strategies
• Conducts usability testing and iterates based on feedback
• (Manager level only: Cocreates and supports implementation and execution of strategies related to content management and development, taxonomy/tagging, and curating/harvesting)
• Performs other duties as assigned
EFFECT ON END RESULTS/STRATEGIC IMPACT
This individual has a direct impact on networks, knowledge sharing, service delivery, and innovation across the entire Y Movement nationwide. With the Knowledge Management team, this position will meet the strategic goals of cultivating a culture of collaboration and sharing within the Movement and fostering local YMCA program, service, and business model innovation through effective processes, engagement of people, and use of technology.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.