What is the role?
dotCMS is a cloud-based Digital Experience platform that is changing the way enterprises do digital. We are looking for a Head of DevRel & Community to build, grow, and inspire a community of application developers on the dotCMS Platform. This is a hands-on, highly visible role that involves collaboration with multiple stakeholders across the company and with partners.
As a Head of DevRel & Community, you are a developer turned technical marketer, or vice versa, who has experience using and implementing CMS solutions across various use cases and industries. You are comfortable with public speaking, writing, and engaging with customers and prospects and want to build a presence as a trusted thought leader in the developer and CMS space.
We’re proud to be 100% remote! dotCMS has been fully remote for over a decade and as an employee, you may work remotely from any location that is compatible with standard U.S. business hours. Please note this is a Full Time Employee position, and we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time. Additionally, we are not accepting contractors or C2C candidates.
What is dotCMS?
Founded in 2003, dotCMS is the most agile, scalable and secure content management system for enterprise. Built on leading Java technology, dotCMS is an open-source, hybrid-headless content management system that gives developers the flexibility of a headless CMS while equipping marketers with no-code visual content authoring. Whether you’re building a network of global websites, an employee intranet, a customer portal, or a single-page web application, dotCMS helps you manage content, images, and assets in one centralized location and deliver them to any channel. Some of our notable customers include Telus, Standard & Poors, Hospital Corporation of America, Royal Bank of Canada, Deutsche Bank, Comcast, Vodafone, Thomson Reuters, Dairy Queen, Lennox International, Chewy.com, and O’Reilly Autoparts.
Who are we, really?
At “the dot,” you’ll find a diverse team of authentic individuals who share the goal of building the most agile, scalable, and secure content management system, delighting customers, and having a lot of fun doing it. We’re a curious, innovative, and collaborative group that works from anywhere, having been 100% remote long before a pandemic required it. Working remotely is in our DNA, whether it’s to enjoy the beautiful views of new countries or just more “you” time outside of work. And since we don’t gather around the water cooler in an office, we like to gather around the cool waters of Costa Rica a few times a year for our regular off-sites, where we blow off some steam and re-energize as a group.
- Establish and grow a presence as a trusted peer, thought leader, and expert in the CMS space while representing the dotCMS brand.
- Generate content and engage in events, blog posts, social media, podcasts, videos, code examples, reference plugins, workshops, meetups, webinars, customer advisory boards, etc.
- Own your content and events calendar, but work closely with marketing to align on messaging and GTM strategy.
- Manage and grow dotCMS’s online user community, forums, slack channel, and other developer and persona-focused social channels.
- Have a finger on the pulse of current development technologies and experiment with prototypes to try out new ideas and end-to-end solutions.
- Work with internal teams to showcase how dotCMS can be used to solve common problems facing modern web developers.
- Consult with prospects and customers on best practices of implementing and managing their CMS.
- Represent the customer’s voice to internal and external stakeholders regarding their interests, needs, and desires.
- Be social and passionate about connecting with dotCMS users and helping them improve their craft.
Why we get excited about you:
- 3+ years of experience configuring and/or implementing another large CMS (anyone).
- 3+ years of experience owning and managing marketing events, webinars, podcasts, etc.
- Knowledge of the Full Stack needed for development – Linux, scripting languages, bash, docker, git, k8
- Excellent organizational, collaboration, and communication skills; can deliver content (oral and written) to both developer, marketing and executive audiences.
- Strong analytical skills, able to explore and research ambiguous problem spaces and translate customer needs into actionable, meaningful work units.
- Open to travel 10-20% of the time.
- Experience building Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solutions in a product management, engineering, or consultative capacity.
- Experience with integration, middleware, and orchestration platforms.
- Knowledge of HubSpot is an asset.
- Experience with community management.
Why should you join?
If you have great experience but are tired of being a cog in a giant corporate wheel, this job is for you. It’s a chance to create a new product marketing function at an established, growing company with a mature product in use by major global organizations. Everything you do every day, will make a huge impact on our company. Your work will be seen, felt and recognized and your past experience valued.
Your Compensation. We offer competitive compensation that allows you to make a great living for yourself and your loved ones. Full-time employees are also eligible 401(k) plan.
Your Team. We are a humble, competitive, and small vendor making waves in our industry, and you will be part of a team that has your back. You never walk alone! We are a diverse and distributed team, and we offer annual company-paid training and development to our employees.
Your Voice. Your voice matters to all of us, and we appreciate your opinion as we scale our company to the next level in an open and transparent environment. We will periodically update the entire team on business performance and strategic initiatives and offer the stage for an entrepreneurial-minded professional to produce key initiatives that help to move the needle.
Your Benefits. We offer a comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan with 100% monthly premium coverage for employees. Additionally, we also offer up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave, as well as STD and LTD.
Your Office. We are a 100% remote work company. We value you as an individual, team member, and professional. We can only expect you to deliver high performance with the right amount of You-time. Therefore, you will have access to an unlimited PTO policy and a generous number of US company-paid holidays.
dotCMS is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit dotcms.bamboohr.com.