Website American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
Application Instructions: Interested individuals should submit their resume to email@example.com. This position can be performed remotely and/or onsite at our Aliso Viejo, CA national office.
The American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN) is the world’s largest specialty nursing organization dedicated to the education, professional development and certification of acute and critical care nurses. Inspired by our rich history, traditions and culture, our Team Members dedicate every day to ensuring that acute and critical care nurses can make their optimal contribution and fulfill their promise to patients and their families.
As a member of AACN’s Communications team, the new role of Online Community Strategist will ensure organizational oversight of AACN’s Online Community work, aligning this work with the association’s mission, vision, and values. This position serves as the liaison between the Association and its online community, driving innovation, community engagement, and integration with association operations. In a cross-functional collaboration with others, this role maintains and builds the brand presence of AACN and supports the association’s platforms, positions and initiatives. The online community strategist stays up-to-date on the evolving online community landscape, making timely recommendations for innovation and new opportunities to apply in our communities.
- Responsible for maintaining and growing AACN’s online community and public perception to create a loyal and delighted community that is a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive environment for members from diverse backgrounds and with varying needs.
- Engages with AACN team members to ensure an understanding of how online communities, as a channel, can integrate with the work of other departments to support association goals.
- Establishes essential metrics to evaluate community performance and user engagement. Tracks and and analyzes metrics to inform and drive decision-making and measure performance against expected outcomes and goals – and communicates those results.
- Engages in developing and implementing community promotion strategies and tactics including “off-platform” tactics for promotion.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated ability in the planning, execution, and measurement of online community strategies and tactics.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across a wide variety of social and cultural levels; especially in online communication.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others in cross-department teams.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with customers/members/community and co-creating content.
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence, including the ability to explore both positive and negative comments and respond responsibly and appropriately.
- Takes a creative and data-driven approach to experimentation and problem solving to learn what is most valuable (e.g., testing different engagement tactics, types of content or styles, or events and activities).
- Detail-oriented, adept at multitasking with strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver measurable outcomes based on established expectations with minimal supervision.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, journalism, marketing, communications, or related fields, or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in developing and growing engaged online communities (forums, discussion groups, social networks) or related experience.
- Social sector experience strongly preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of the healthcare professions preferred.
- This role is eligible for remote work.
- Travel may be required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org