…Have a passion for innovative ideas and the power of insight?
…Possess the spirit and drive of an entrepreneur?
…Want to create persuasive content and drive marketing strategy?
…Care deeply about improving access and success within higher education?
EAB’s Product Marketing team is looking for a talented, driven, and entrepreneurial content marketer to join our team, focusing on 2-year/community colleges.
The Product Marketing team develops content and strategies to increase brand awareness, create demand, drive sales, and support renewals for our Research business. This includes developing thought leadership content such as blog posts, white papers, infographics, and webinars as well as sales enablement collateral such as one-pagers, furthering tools, and urgency documents.
In addition to a passion for persuasive writing, a love for big ideas, and a graphical eye, in order to be successful in the role, one must have excellent collaboration and project management skills.
If you are an innovative marketer, a content enthusiast, and a team-player who thrives in a cross-functional, entrepreneurial environment, then this may be the perfect job for you!
This opportunity is based in Washington, D.C. We are also open to remote candidates.
The Senior Content Manager will operate under the guidance of Product Marketing Leadership leveraging the full resources of the marketing organization including sales leaders, demand generation managers, web editors, research teams, as well as other key stakeholders.
- Creating content
- Writes, designs, and produces effective thought leadership and sales enablement content including but not limited to blog posts, case studies, conference proposals/presentations, whitepapers, webinars, infographics, video testimonials, executive briefings, reference webinars, visit decks, scripts, competitive positioning pieces, brochures, executive summaries, website content, furthering tools, urgency documents, and other collateral
- Interprets complex issues and presents them effectively; adapts style, tone, and word choice to various media
- Engages directly with the community college market—via client and prospect interviews and calls
- Proactively edits existing content and/or scripting to reflect latest market intelligence
- Achieves high standards of productivity and timeliness
- Driving innovation
- Proposes and tests new channels, deliverables, formats, and ideas
- Actively contributes to the evolution of the firm’s Marketing function, sharing insights and best practices to enhance overall performance
- Collaborating across teams
- Collaborates with other groups across the firm, such as sales, creative services, partner success, research, product management, and events management
- Shaping Marketing Strategy
- Inflects sales and renewals by contributing to compelling marketing plans based on a deep understanding of community college buyer journeys and personas; develops creative solutions to challenges facing commercial teams
- Develops high-quality, differentiating content that helps EAB sustain and improve its competitive position in multiple education research markets
- Selects best channels, messages, stories, and media for generating awareness and leads, acquiring visits, furthering evaluations, and closing new business
- Prioritizes project queue to maximize impact on sales funnel and new business
- Associate’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience
- Able to clearly and precisely express complex ideas in written and graphical form; skilled at adapting language, format, and style for various media and audiences
- Skilled writer, preferably with blog-writing experience
- Able to take ownership and drive projects from beginning to end, working with multiple groups effectively and on multiple projects concurrently
- Intellectually curious, quick study, creative, attentive to detail, self-motivated
- Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Professional experience in content marketing, brand strategy, research, or marketing communications
- Knowledge of the U.S. higher education industry, ideally the community college space
- Professional experience developing, marketing, selling, or delivering consulting services
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
· 401(k) retirement plan with company match
· 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
· Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
· Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
· Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.hirebridge.com.