(United States, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, UK, Ireland, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Spain, Austria, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Portugal, Netherlands, Switzerland)
We are targeting GMT +1 to GMT -8 in the countries identified with core overlapping hours of 10am-1pm Eastern Standard
What you’ll do:
- Initially you will be the primary Community Manager focused on Collectives (our sub-communities within Stack Overflow), but as the product grows, we may add additional staff to the team.
- Work with the community to develop best practices and norms for new features or functionality launched within Collectives
- Collaborate with the Product and Customer Success teams focused on Collectives as we ideate, research, develop and launch new features to represent and support the community through the process.
- Work with Collectives customers, recognized members through the onboarding and launch process while establishing best practices and documentation.
- Identify and incorporate industry best practices in supporting a growing and thriving technical communities across many disciplines to help us achieve our goals and objectives.
- Empower your team to work hand in hand with our engineering and product teams in order to to build tools and features that help better meet our users needs and improve their journeys through our sites.
What you’ll need to have:
- 8+ years in a community facing and/or user supporting role, with at least 3 years supporting a community of millions of users
- Experience in customer/user support with an operational focus working towards continuous improvement of process and tools
- Experience contributing to building and implementing community facing policy and best practices
- Ability to think about problem solving, from triage to resolution, and focus on identifying longer term solutions
- A desire/drive to work with technologists around topics that interest them
- Strong writing skills – we are a written platform, and you will be one of the most visible advocates for this feature.
It would be great if you also had:
- Team Lead or Management experience
- An understanding of Stack Overflow and other Stack Exchange network sites
- Experience with policy or community norms development
About Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for technologists to learn, share their knowledge, collaborate, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers and technologists visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
Our products and tools help developers and technologists in life and at work. These include Stack Overflow for Teams, which focuses on knowledge management and collaboration, and Reach & Relevance, which focuses developer marketing, community development, and employer branding.
We believe in hiring smart people and getting out of their way. We have an office in New York (currently closed due to the pandemic) with some of the best amenities and we have people who work remotely all over the world.
Our core values guide our work.
- Keep Community at Our Center: Community is at the heart of everything we do. Nurture healthy communities where everyone is encouraged to learn and give back.
- Adopt a Customer-First Mindset: Authentically serve our customers by empowering, listening and collaborating with our fellow Stackers.
- Be Flexible and Inclusive: We do our best work when a diverse group of people collaborate in an environment of respect and trust. Create space for different voices to be heard, and allow flexibility in how people work.
- Be Transparent: Communicate openly and honestly, both inside and outside the company. Encourage transparency from others by being empathetic, reliable, and acting with integrity.
- Empower People to Deliver Outstanding Results: Give people space to get their job done, support them when they need it, and practice blameless accountability.
- Learn, Share, and Grow: Adopt a Growth Mindset. Be curious and eager to learn. Aim for ethical, sustainable, long-term growth, both personally and in the company
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and paid sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- 401K match
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If your role is not located in one of our offices…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunches, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening voluntarily Fall 2021), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successfully completing a background check and having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
To apply for this job please visit www.builtinboston.com.