Community Management Fundamentals
Thank you for your interest – this class is now closed.
More training opportunities are available here.
Who this course is for: This basic certificate program is designed for Jive customers interested in learning or getting a refresher on community management. The program covers contextual topics like market trends as well as tactical topics like community moderation, content, engagement, and measurement.
Benefits: This program is designed help you the identify gaps and opportunities that will improve community outcomes. Through a mix of pre-recorded, self-paced sessions selected from the WOMMA-TheCR Community Management training, you will get an overview of how experienced community managers think about and execute on community management, internally and externally. Throughout the course, you will have access to a private community to ask questions and network with other virtual attendees. Additionally, there is an online test and official certificate of completion for you to put on your LinkedIn profile, business cards, etc.
- Understand the history and current state of community management
- Learn how to engage in and moderate online conversations
- Understand content development, curation and community program management
- Develop relevant metrics, and measure community engagement
- Understand how leadership and culture impact community strategy
Curriculum and Instructors:
- Session 1: Community Management Fundamentals with Rachel Happe, The Community Roundtable
- Session 2: Social Strategy: Market Context with Rachel Happe, The Community Roundtable
- Session 3: External Community Management with Kathy Baughman, ComBlu and Becky Carroll, PWC
- Session 4: Internal Community Management with Claire Flanagan, formerly at CSC
- Session 5: Content & Programs with Sarah Mahony, formerly at Children’s Hospital Boston and Jim Storer, The Community Roundtable
- Session 6: Policies and Governance with Dan Brostek formerly at Aetna
- Session 7: Community Moderation, Crisis Tactics and Listening with Ekaterina Walter, Branderati
- Session 8: Measurement Basics with Misti Crawford, CSC
- Session 9: Leadership & Culture with Sara Roberts, Roberts Golden and Rachel Happe, The Community Roundtable