By Hillary Boucher, Community Manager at The Community Roundtable.
I was chatting with one of my teammates at TheCR last Friday and we could not believe we were at the end of June already. This month seemed to just disappear in the blink of an eye!
June inside TheCR Network marks the end of our formal spring programming calendar. If your community participation slows down a bit like ours does you may want to think about focusing on your more strategic projects during your community downtime. We’ll be revisiting our community strategy this summer as well as focusing on our road map. Enough about the future. Let’s look at the June highlights from inside TheCR Network!
- Applying the Community Maturity Model for Internal Consulting (Roundtable). This was an absolute value packed call and such an exciting collaboration between us and our members. We love to see how our members adapt and build off of the Community Maturity Model. In this case one of our members shared his adaptation and how he is using it to consult across groups within his organization. He gave a live demo and member participants were grateful for the opportunity to discuss his approach with him and ask him questions in real time. You can see an excerpt here.
- User-centered Design for Community Managers (Roundtable). We brought in guest expert Dr. David Travis to discuss user-centered design for community managers by member request. Dr. Travis gave us a high-level overview of the basic tenants of user-centered design and then we opened the conversation to the group. It was an engaging call with many applicable insights for community professionals.
- Risk & Online Community (Roundtable). A community manager and an attorney walk into a bar … and you get the Blake & Ben Show. Think entertainment meets real world, plain language information on what an organization and a community manager needs to be thinking about in terms of risk and best practices for ensuring that your online community and community management practices are not putting your organization at risk.
If you want to get a full idea of what membership is like you can take a look at this extensive overview which shares our general programming opportunities and resources made available to members.
We’re planning some fun summertime programming for the network for July & August! If you are interested in joining us please let us know. Have a great summer!
Did you know members of TheCR Network have unlimited access to our Library, which includes:
- Research: TheCR’s State of Community Management and Social Executive research (including downloadable reports exclusive to members)
- Resource bundles: Curated content from TheCR and beyond to help you with specific topics
- Quick Cases: Short case studies from TheCR Network members on specific community projects
- Conference Resources: Links to the network’s collaborative Community Conference Guide and a collection of Conference Trip Report Podcasts featuring TheCR Network members’ takeaways from community related conferences
- Roundtable Reports: Over 200 summaries of our weekly Roundtable calls
Learn how you can access TheCR Network Library and more with a membership.