By Shannon Abram, The Community Roundtable.
Sometimes being a remote team means we miss out on typical water-cooler conversations that happen in most offices. Other times, like this week, we all get obsessed with the same thing and can’t stop talking about it. We decided that even though this interview on “Why Community-Driven Companies Will Always Win” is almost two years old it is required viewing for not just active community practitioners – but anyone tasked with or a stakeholder in making community succeed at their organization.
In the video, Chris Anderson (NB – if you don’t know who Chris is here’s a cheat sheet: editor in chief of Wired for more than ten years, digital economy expert cofounder of drone-makers 3D Robotics) and Ralf Dreischmeier (BCG) discuss the role of communities in driving innovation and examine how companies that are accustomed to operating in traditional ways can harness this disruptive force. The video is less than 10 minutes long and 100% worth that little chunk of your day.
Things We’re Reading This Week
Book Recommendation: The Circle – Every time a new team member joins TheCR we give them our communal copy of The Circle. It’s a novel, and it’s not new, but if you haven’t read it put it on your winter reading list!
New Community and Social Media Jobs
- Community Manager – NEXON M – Emeryville, CA
- Social Media and Marketing Intern – Adelante Abroad, LLC – Seal Beach, CA
- Community Manager – GasPedal – Austin, TX
- Community Manager – 7 Summits Inc – Milwaukee, WI
- Online Marketing Community Manager – kCura Corporation – Chicago, IL
- Community Manager – cPanel – Houston, TX
- Social Media Strategist – CLEARLINK – Salt Lake City, UT
- Online Community Manager – TechTarget – Newton, MA
- Social Media Specialist – Kettle – New York, NY
- Community Manager – ModSquad – Redmond, WA
- Online Community Manager (Contractor) – Health Perspectives Group – Seattle, WA
- Online Community Forum Manager – TallyHee Inc. – Hastings-on-Hudson, NY
- Director, Community and Corporate Relations – Orbis Education – Liverpool, NY