By Hillary Boucher, Community Manager at the Community Roundtable
For such a short month February was full of programming inside TheCR Network. I’ve highlighted just three of six member virtual sessions we hosted. What is particularly notable about the three programs below is that all of them were directly in response to projects that members are currently working on, and the agendas were developed in collaboration with members to ensure the outputs were aligned with their needs. These are great examples of the way we co-create with members of TheCR Network.
- Building an Employee Advocacy Program (Roundtable): We discovered a number of our members were rolling out an employee advocacy program in 2015 and collaborated with them to develop an agenda for a virtual panel discussion with other members and guests who had experience launching and running similar programs at other organizations.
- Navigating a Platform Migration (Roundtable): Thanks to a few generous members we had a very informative call on the topic of platform migration from a practitioner perspective. A number of participants had recently finished or were in the middle of a platform migration and the lessons learned where fresh and relevant. The feedback we heard was that the advice shared was invaluable for those about to embark on a migration effort.
- The Future of the Intranet (Roundtable): One of our members is currently digging in to what the future of the intranet looks like for his large, financial company. He facilitated a big thinking meeting of the minds for members to discuss questions like:
- Is the Future Intranet 100% community focused? Why or why not?
- Who will reign in the future? Big behemoth technologies that do a lot of things or more focused solutions that are not as robust but do everything that they do well?
- How does mobile play into the Future Intranet?
If you are interested in learning more about what it’s like to be a member of TheCR Network check out this extensive overview which shares our general programming opportunities and resources made available to members.
Want to access our programming for the benefit of your community work? Reach out and ask us about membership.
Did you know that TheCR Network members work with all kinds of communities? In fact, about 25% work in either internal or external communities and 50% work with both! No matter what kind of community you work with membership in TheCR Network will save you time and improve the quality of your work by connecting you with peers, experts and curated information. Learn how joining TheCR Network can improve the work you do.