By Shannon DiGregorio Abram, Relationship Manager at The Community Roundtable.
If April comes in like a lion, and out like a lamb, what does May do? It’s beautiful here in Boston today, but I hear rain is on the way. Either way, we’re still looking forward to a weekend of yard work, BBQing and relaxing. This week we shared a new Faces of Community Management post and a sneak peek into TheCR Network for any interested non-members out there. Rachel also took part in a great webinar with our friends at DNN – you can find the archived version here.
This week we have lots of great links for you, an invitation to a don’t miss webinar with Ian White from Rackspace, and of course new community and social media jobs from around the web.
- Webinar: Community Manager Spotlight with Ian – If you’re considering, implementing or managing a community-based support model this is a don’t miss webinar. Join Ian White, Manager of Support at Rackspace, as he discusses his award-winning customer support tactics.
- 56 Lessons From 20 Years of Online Community Building – Ever wonder what it takes to succeed with online community strategy and operations? Here are 56 lessons learned culled from 20 years of online community building experience.
- Mary Meeker’s Big Deck On Key Internet Trends – Mary Meeker, a partner at VC firm KPCB and one of the legendary observers of the Internet industry, is presenting her annual outlook on the industry this week at Code Conference put on by Re/code.
- The Evolution of Online Communities – Do you remember VHS tapes from the ‘80s and ‘90s? Home video was a game-changer back then, giving movies a second life and another chance at turning a profit. Then came DVDs, high-definition Blu-ray discs, and now we have on-demand Internet streaming from cable and over-the-top providers. With each step in the evolution, quality and accessibility improved.
- Disciplined Clarity About Culture – Jack Dorsey, one of the Twitter Founders and now CEO at Square, sent a quick memo to his employees (that he also posted publicly on Medium) about something that may sound somewhat unimportant: using other people’s names to push ideas.
- Digital collaboration goes deeper, gets lightweight and intelligent – Two tracks seem to be emerging with today’s enterprise collaboration tools. Either they’re becoming full-sized suites with the kitchen sink, or they’re focusing making a few core features work better than anyone else.
- Building Customer Communities Is the Key to Creating Value – What are your customers telling their friends and colleagues about your business?
- Who Manages The Community Manager That Manages Your Community? – Community management is among the fastest-growing job areas in recent years. The increasing popularity of the social networks means that companies are ever-mindful of the need to have a presence in an environment where being absent means the conversation is taking place without you, and so have cast their nets in a bid to hire community managers with a wide range of profiles.
Community and Social Media Jobs
- Senior Manager, Online Community Management Consulting at Socious – Mesa, Arizona
- Russian Community Coordinator at Playstation – London
- Communications Officer, Community Manager Generalist/Digital Strategist Job at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation – Seattle, WA
- Community Manager at Purina – St. Louis, MO
- Senior Community Manager at GREE – San Francisco, CA
- Associate Director, Social Media at iCrossing – New York, NY
- Senior Community Manager, Emerging Products & Services at Autodesk – San Francisco, CA
- Digital Community Manager at WGBH Educational Foundation – Boston, MA
- Community Manager at Beats By Dr. Dre – Los Angeles, CA
- Community Manager at digitalundivided – New York, NY
- Community Manager Intern at Disqus – San Francisco, CA
- Senior Community Manager – Agriculture, Food and Beverage at World Economic Forum – New York, NY
- Content and Social Media Manager at Luxury Link Travel Group – Playa Vista, CA
- Social Media Community Manager at mzl – Austin, TX
- Cloud Evangelist / Community Manager at Netuitive, Inc. – Reston, VA
- Community Impact Manager at Google – Phoenix, AZ
- Assistant Community Manager – Weekend Specialist at GameStop Texas Ltd. – San Francisco, CA
- Social Media Community Manager at OtterBase 2 reviews – El Segundo, CA
- Community Manager at Needle – Bluffdale, UT
- Manager, Corporate Communications at LinkedIn – Mountain View, CA
- Social Media Strategist at Pearson Education – Lakeland, FL
Have a wonderful weekend – we’ll see you in June!
Looking to take your career in community management to the next level? 92% of members agree that TheCR Network supports and advances their personal and professional goals. Learn how our research, access to peers and experts, targeted content and exclusive concierge service can help you achieve your goals.