‘Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.’
When Ferris Bueller spoke these immortal words he probably wasn’t talking about missing out on great content online, but it’s the first thing I thought of when discussing rolling out a Friday link round up. At TheCR we don’t have an office – all seven of us usually work in different locations. The lack of a physical water cooler doesn’t stop us from sharing with each other almost constantly though – at any one time we might be chatting on the phone, through an instant messaging client or a video call.
All week we tag interesting, unusual and thought-provoking posts with #stream – often though the stream moves too swiftly, and great content can be lost. This is my long-winded introduction to our newest feature – a weekly link roundup. Every Friday I’ll share a short list articles, video, decks and stories we found most relevant, and would love for you to post additions.
Now, with that out of the way grab a cup of coffee (or tea, or Diet Coke!) we’re onto the links!
- In case you missed it we launched the first in a series of new TheCR Toolkits – Start and Build.
- It’s no secret we love remote workers -The Tech Talk “debate” in this post is a fun and funny validation of our affection.
- Random but hilarious Twitter engagement by some big British brands: This Is The Best Twitter Conversation You Will Read Today
- Nice video on what to do if there is conflict in your online community.
- We chatted with Adam Garone from #movember on what drove engagement in the hairest community around.
- An interesting look at how to find communities online using social network analysis.
Thanks for reading along – please share your favorite link from the week below and have a wonderful weekend!