By Shannon DiGregorio Abram, Relationship Manager at The Community Roundtable.
Today I’m settling back in after a week on the road. Rachel and I visited Orlando for Sitrion’s Collective 2014. I had a great time and met tons of people who really “get” community. It was wonderful to have conversations about the challenges a community manager faces and get to hear from some exciting brands.
Luke Sinclair emcee’d the event (full disclosure – Luke is also a member of TheCR Network) and he did an amazing job getting everyone involved. Each day he issued a challenge for attendees – and on Wednesday it was a #selfie challenge. I’ve never seen so many people in business attire happily plotting the most creative selfie! (That’s ours, above!)
I loved the twitter stream (and the selfies) so much that I created a Storify that I’ve included at the end of this post – now it’s like you were right there with us! Next week Jim, Hillary and Jillian are headed to San Francisco for Lithium’s LiNC. If you’re going to be in town for LiNC please let us know – we’d love to meet you!
Don’t worry – even with all my selfie excitement I didn’t forget the links:
Free Webinar: Community Manager Spotlight with Ian White – Implementing a community-based customer support model?This 30 minute live webinar on June 3rd at 2pm ET will focus on Ian’s innovative use of a community customer support model. His team recently was awarded a silver award for Best Use of Technology in Customer Service at the eighth annual Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service.
Online Communities Reap Benefits From Volunteer, Executive Leadership – Strategy, governance, and executive leadership. In the most simple terms, these are a few of the keys to success for an online community. Sound familiar?
Webinar Recap: Community Manager Spotlight with Maggie McGary – Missed last month’s Community Manager Spotlight webinar? If you work in the association space this is a don’t miss conversation full of tips for driving and maintaining member engagement.
How Social Business Grew Up – The management concepts that have evolved as social media has transformed global communication are now resulting in meaningful changes in the enterprise. New Social Media and Community Jobs:
- Director/Manager, Digital & Social Media Marketing – Mimi’s Cafe, Dallas, TX
- Communications and Social Media Manager – American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, Arlington, VA
- Social Media Marketing Manager, Global Brand – Linkedin, Sunnyvale, CA
- Manager Social Media – New York City, NY
- Global Director of Social Media – BlackRock, New York, NY
- Senior Community Manager, Emerging Products & Services – Autodesk , San Francisco, CA
- Product Manager, Enterprise Social – Nordstrom, Seattle, WA
- Senior Community Manager – MRY, New York, NY
- Global Community Engagement Manager – Apple, Santa Clara Valley, CA
- Associate Community Manager, Global Marketing, Gap Brand – GAP Inc, New York, NY
Looking to take your career in community management to the next level? 92% of members agree that TheCR Network supports and advances their personal and professional goals. Learn how our research, access to peers and experts, targeted content and exclusive concierge service can help you achieve your goals.