Do you love digging into data to discover the story it tells?
Are you comfortable questioning assumptions?
Do you enjoy debating what something means?
Are you fascinated by human behavior and how it impacts decisions and organizations?
Does working in an emerging industry excite you?
If so, you may be a great fit for the Community Research Analyst role at The Community Roundtable
Community Research Analyst Role
This is an exciting opportunity to learn about the future of work and how community approaches affect outcomes, financial measures, workflows, and leadership. The ideal candidate will have research experience, familiarity with analytics tools, good written communication skills, and strong critical thinking.
The Community Roundtable (TheCR) is the leading research and consulting firm in the community management and digital transformation space. Our core research platform, The State of Community Management, is read by tens of thousands of people every year and we work with 200+ clients to support their organizational transformation efforts.
The Community Research Analyst will be responsible maintaining and delivering high-quality research, analysis, reports, and content. This includes building and maintaining TheCR’s research databases and tools as well as supporting client work.
This is an individual contributor role for someone with 2-5 years of analysis and writing experience. This is a high growth opportunity, working with TheCR’s co-founder and head of research, Rachel Happe.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing research approaches and hypothesis
- Working with large and complex data sets to develop analyses and key insights
- Building surveys that include contextual logic
- Cleaning and reformatting data for analysis
- Developing tools to access key data required for reporting
- Analyzing data and developing conclusions
- Developing dashboard and research presentations
- Building narratives based on research findings
- Writing analysis and recommendations
- Presenting research findings
- Managing the research process
- Collaborating with clients and team members to develop, execute, and publish research
- Bachelor degree in social sciences – economics or sociology a plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Research and report writing experience
- Excellent MSExcel skills and proficiency in PowerPoint
- Proficiency in database development and reporting tools like Tableau
Why join The Community Roundtable team?
If you are looking for a predictable job in a big, slow-moving, and bureaucratic organization… this is not the job for you.
The Community Roundtable is a small, agile, and innovative team with a lot of opportunities to learn and grow into new responsibilities. We work with the largest organizations in the world, including, American Express, Electronic Arts, and H&R Block as well as established non-profits including AAAS, City Year, and The World Bank. The exposure and access you will get is hard to match and there is never a dull day.
You’ll join a team that works hard but also feels strongly that everyone needs balance and flexibility. We strive to keep the workday to eight hours, but recognize that both extra work is sometimes required and that life sometimes gets in the way of work. Collaboration is our team’s superpower, requiring personal responsibility and accountability, but also providing incredible support and new opportunities.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience. New England region preferred.
Are you ready to explore with us? Apply now.