Building community — no matter your end goal — depends on gratitude and reciprocity. Since we’ll be celebrating Thanksgiving later this week in the US our own team has been reflecting on the people who made a difference in our community work in 2013.
In the spirit of reflection and gratitude we encourage you to look back at 2013 and identify three people who made a difference in your work and life this past year and send them a thank you via email, snail mail, or Twitter, (or whatever medium works best for you.)
- Who inspired you? Brought on a “aha moment”?
- Who was unwavering in their support of your work?
- Which exec made a difference with their sponsorship or participation?
- Which community member or advocate showed up in a big way?
- Who covered you so you could unplug for a vacation — whether a day or a week?
- Who talked you through a tough situation?
- Whose blog posts or Twitter handle kept you well informed? Or laughing!
- Which TheCR member made a difference in your work via email, Roundtable call or discussion thread?
- Which Roundtable facilitator(s) helped or inspired you?
You get the idea! We’d love if you tag any social thanks #thankitforward so we can see the gratitude spread. If you want to keep your thanks anonymous of course that’s fine, but we’d love to hear some stories about the ways people contributed to your success ad community initiatives in 2013 – please feel free to share any shout-outs in the comments here as well.
So tell us. Who will you be thanking it forward to this year? We’ll be sharing our #thankitforward posts over the next three weeks and we can’t wait to see yours!
note: gratitude image via http://fellowfellow.com/words-gratitude/