By Shannon DiGregorio Abram, Relationship Manager at The Community Roundtable.
The first work week of February is almost over and that groundhog has doomed us to another six weeks of winter! In Boston that meant another foot or so of snow, with more on the way! Snow or not, we’re forging ahead with our focus on connecting through community and looking forward to an exciting guest post next week, a sneak peek at the State of Community Management survey and a little holiday love for all those community managers out there.
A quick reminder: if you haven’t yet taken the (very quick!) State of Community Management survey we would love your input. We are looking for communities of all sizes and types. You can take the survey here and it should only take 15-20 minutes. As a thank you, you till get a pretty nice discount on any new TheCR Network membership too.
This week some of our favorite links were centered around the idea of connecting through community – whether at a live event, through a job your passionate about or through inspiring leadership. Read on:
- A short interview with our own Rachel Happe on two social business events – IBM Connect and the Enterprise 2.0 Summit – communities with which she loves connecting
- A few great job opportunities were posted: Director of Community Engagement at Salesforce Online Communities Manager at Grantmakers for Education and a Social Media Editor at the WSJ
- Some unconventional behaviors of inspiring leaders
- What community managers can and should learn from each other
- We rarely weigh in on fashion, but these are perfect for every unicorn-chasing community manager
- Empowering employees with social media improves customer relationships and grows revenue
- Lessons from Social Business in BASF
- Content calendars aren’t evil – they’re just abused
Have a great weekend – we’ll see you on Monday when we’ll kick off a discussion focused on connecting with peers.
TheCR Network is a membership network that provides strategic, tactical and professional development programming for community and social business leaders. The network enables members to connect and form lasting relationships with experts and peers as well as get access to vetted content.