Community Conversations is a long-running podcast series highlighting community success stories from a wide variety of online community management professionals.
Episode #92 of Community Conversations features Lisa Tallman, Executive Director, and Israel Munoz, Community Manager, both of the Community Food Navigator, who join us to explore building mobile-first communities.
On this episode hosts Jim Storer and Shannon Abram chat with Lisa and Israel about:
- the community-driven mission at Community Food Navigator
- the challenges of building a mobile-first community from the ground up
- how the Community Food Navigator embraces a mobile-first (and mobile-only) strategy to connect members where they are
Listen to Building Mobile-First Communities:
As discussed in this episode:
As promised, here is the link to Israel’ mom’s cookbook. It’s an e-book and you can buy it either on Amazon or on Gumroad (I believe she prefers Gumroad as it is a bit more user friendly, but either way is fine). Israel was also generous enough to share screenshot for the Carlotta recipe (which in the cookbook is referred to as a Cold Lime Pie), as well as a Pineapple variation of it.
About Community Food Navigator:
The Community Food Navigator is community-powered and addresses challenges we face in the food system, such as accessing land, water, infrastructure, and funding. It is also a safe space for growers, producers, and organizers to share information, create community, and expand their work alongside others within the food system.
Community Food Navigator builds more resilient systems that prioritize:
• Food sovereignty for all residents
• Collective care and attention to need
• Equitable opportunities for Black, Brown, and Indigenous communities
• Circular and sustainably focused design
• Education on the roles we all play in the production and consumption of food
Learn more: http://communityfoodnavigator.org and their mission as the work building mobile-first communities in Chicago, Il.