The Community Roundtable has partnered with Voce Communications to produce a new podcast series, “Conversations with Community Managers.” In this series, TheCR’s Jim Storer joins forces with Voce’s Doug Haslam to speak with people from a variety of industries about their efforts with community and social media management.
Highlights of the conversation include:
- Taking a community cultivated at a conference and continuing to grow it online with social media tools
- Conversely, how online groups (like Twitter chats) can be used to lead to more substantial offline events
- The reluctance in highly-regulated industries like pharmaceuticals to using social media, and how to counter those
- How growth in industry participation has actually taken off in some areas, particularly Twitter, and Facebook, which has seen many popular Fan Pages grow up around support for people with certain diseases
- Lessons learned from live events, including: the ability for people to talk across different verticals, the opportunity to speak with patients in an informal setting, and in-depth discussions of the mutual trust needed to keep social media use growing in pharma
Download this episode.
Subscribe to this podcast series.
MUSIC CREDIT: “Bleuacide” by graphiqsgroove.