We’ve been doing the State of Community Management research now for 11 years. That’s a long time and every year, the time between each research cycle seems to get shorter – we know it seems like we ask you to participate a lot. But it matters – a lot.
I know many people take it one year and not the next, probably in part because it can take anywhere from 20 minutes to a couple of hours (depending on how much data you have at your fingertips) and that is an investment of your very precious time.
Please schedule some time to take the survey this week!
What We Have Accomplished Together
Thanks to your investment of time and trust with your data over the years, the State of Community Management has changed our industry, including:
- Improving the understanding of how investment in community facilitation, management, and leadership increases engagement rates.
- Demonstrating that a community approach is not tied to one business process or function but to many.
- Providing data that shows the strategic business impact and ROI of communities.
- Showing how communities are increasing the effectiveness of both customer and employee ecosystems and critical to digital transformation and the future of work.
- Showing how community management and leadership is the future of all management and leadership because of its effectiveness in helping organizations change to become more networked and agile.
- Developing an approach to benchmarking community program investments and operational standards, now available for free in The Community Score.
- Providing data on how organizations can expect value to grow in communities and demonstrating their effectiveness in innovation.
- Championing the role of the community professional, raising your profile in organizations and in the industry (yes, this is why you are in high demand now!).
While I’m sure you have more urgent things to do this week – you have no better thing to do than to help us advocate for you.
It matters. The more data we have, the more we can segment the data by use case, maturity, age, and other factors to provide critical strategic, operational, and tactical data. And we give it back to you for free, thanks to our sponsorship model. That is huge ROI in return for your time.
What’s in it for you, right now?
If the strategic value is not enough to convince you to participate – there are plenty of reasons to take the survey for yourself, right now. Taking the survey will:
- Give you a critical opportunity to consider the big picture, which will help you prioritize your day-to-day work tomorrow.
- Provide a structured audit to identify your strengths and opportunities.
- Help you realize you’ve made more progress than you can see when you are in the weeds.
- Show you what other options exist for your community, informing your planning and requests.
- Provide the prompt for a great discussion with your team members about what matters and how to best address opportunities.
- Give you the language to speak to your executives.
Thank you in advance for your time. We know that you are busy and truly appreciate your time and contributions. Start the survey.