By Maggie Tunning, Learning and Culture Manager at The Community Roundtable.
We’re collecting Community Manager Salary Survey responses until the end of the month, and we’re excited about the results we’ve already received. We can’t help but start looking into the data and wanted to share some early findings with you here:
- About 75 percent of respondents are corporate staff (vs. agency staff or independent consultants).
- About one third of respondents work remotely most of the time, and about another quarter have the option to work remotely some of the time.
- Community managers from all types of communities – communities of practice, product innovation communities, customer support communities, communities for staff collaboration – are participating, but at this time we have almost three times as many responses from external community managers than internal community managers.
We’re looking for more data from internal community managers and appreciate if you can share the survey with them (and any other community professionals!) you know: http://www.tinyurl.com/CMSS2014
Early Research Distinctions:
- Internal community managers have on average more professional and community management experience than external community managers.
- A higher percentage of internal community managers reported defining and moving into their current role than the average of responses.
- About 40 percent of all respondents have been promoted within their community management role, and a higher percentage of internal community managers have been promoted than external community managers.
We can’t wait to share the full results from the Survey this Fall – and we’ll be back with another sneak preview of results next week!
In the meantime if you haven’t yet taken the Survey please consider sharing your insights. If you have taken the Survey we cannot thank you enough! If you have any friends or colleagues who work in community management in any capacity please share the survey with them: http://www.tinyurl.com/CMSS2014
Looking to take your career in community management to the next level? 92% of members agree that TheCR Network supports and advances their personal and professional goals. Learn how our research, access to peers and experts, targeted content and exclusive concierge service can help you achieve your goals.