By Shannon Abram, Relationship Manager at The Community Roundtable.
Have you checked out our podcast series, “Conversations with Community Managers?” Recently we’ve chatted with community practitioners from Mastercard, Aetna and Deep Information Services. And you can check out our archives for episodes featuring community managers from Verizon, Sonos, H&R Block, Sony, GM and more!
Things We Are Reading This Week
All Things in Moderation – Best Practices for Successful Community Moderation – Direct moderation is the day-to-day interaction and management that signals to members what gets attention—both good and bad—from the organization. Successful community management requires not just a day-to-day awareness of the activity in your community but also the seamless application of tools and strategies to maximize engagement and minimize disruption.
Spreading Slow Ideas – We yearn for frictionless technological solutions. But people talking to people is still the way that norms and standards change.
State of Community Management Monday Fact #5: Investing in new community members pays off – You walk into a restaurant. There are people dining, chatting, having a good time – and there’s an empty table, but there’s no one there to greet you, seat you or give you a menu. Do you stay? You might, or you might leave. Either way, it’s not a comfortable first impression.Conversations with Community Managers – Patrick Hellen – Episode #29 features Patrick Hellen, Director of Community and Engagement at Deep Information Services. You’ll find part one (of two) below, where we chat about getting unlikely folks active in your community and how humor can be a community superpower.
New Social Media and Community Jobs
- Community Manager – Superpedestrian – Boston, MA
- Community Manager – Lifesize – Austin, TX
- Community Manager – Amazon – Seattle, WA
- Marketing Community Manager– Cultura Technologies Inc – Minneapolis, MN
- Community Manager – HourlyNerd – Boston, MA
- Community Manager – Foxtail Marketing – American Fork, UT
- Community Manager – Cimpress – Lexington, MA
- Community Manager – Rare – Cox Media Group – Atlanta, GA
- Community Manager– Vistaprint – Lexington, MA
- Community Manager – Phoenix – Yelp – Phoenix, AZ
- Senior Community Manager – Blade & Soul – NCSOFT – Aliso Viejo, CA
- Community Manager – Adobe – San Francisco, CA
- Community Manager – IPG Mediabrands – New York, NY
- Community Manager – Ragu & Bertolli – Havas Worldwide Chicago 2 reviews – Chicago, IL
- YouTube Creator Community Manager – Google – San Bruno, CA
Looking for a new community event to connect with peers, get hands on community training and workshop your biggest challenges? Join us for TheCR Connect – a workshop for community professionals.