By Shannon Abram, Relationship Manager at The Community Roundtable.
This week we had a common theme – getting great advice from expert community practitioners. Fresh off a lively AMA with Minecraft Forum’s community manager, we shared best practices for hosting your own AMA. We also took a moment to recognize the amazing community practitioners that take the time to share their expert advice with TheCR Network members every week – you can check out a few of our most recent guests here. Finally, Hillary Boucher shared her monthly recap of what’s happening inside the Network. It was a busy month as members focused on measurement, benchmarking and engagement. What were you working on this week?
Things We Are Reading This Week
Best Practices from TheCR Network: Hosting an Ask Me Anything (AMA) – Recently we’ve caught the AMA (Ask Me Anything) bug. Maybe you’ve seen our AMA webinars with community managers? Our members are realizing the value of the AMA format for real-time community engagement, and have been sharing best practices for AMAs within their communities.
Why you should stop giving your customers to Facebook – Guest Would you turn over your family to some third party to act as an intermediary if you really cared for them? How about renting them back to get to know them better?
Looking for Expert Community Advice? A Thank You to TheCR Network Guest Speakers – One of the most exciting and valuable aspects of TheCR Network is the regular Roundtable calls we organize for members. These calls are most often lead by distinguished industry experts and experienced community practitioners.
The Strategic Role of Digital Networks in Corporate Leadership Today – Enterprise Irregulars – While there are a number of key factors that help organizations create important new types of business results using enterprise social networks or online communities, leadership is almost always at the top of the list.
TheCR Network Sneak Peek: April 2015 – Measurement, Benchmarking and Engagement – It’s May! The flowers are blooming (finally!) and members are collaborating. Yes, TheCR Network has spring fever. A fellow community manager and member recently said to me: “I can’t believe how much you have going on inside the Network.”
The great equalizer | Working Out Loud – “You’re not angry enough!!” I was in the Apple store in Soho and my friend was giving me feedback about an early draft of the book. She handed me a package with her comments all over the printout. Her tone was insistent.
5 reasons to recognize the superheroes in your online community – Starting this month, we are recognizing members of the network as TheCR Network Superheroes, complete with badges on their network profiles…
New Social Media and Community Jobs
- Social Media Community Manager – Data Systems Analysts, Inc. – Aberdeen, MD
- Online Community and Volunteer Manager – WunderLand Group – Chicago, IL
- Community Manager – Rubi Tools USA – Miami, FL
- Community Manager – iCrossing – New York, NY
- Resident Concierge – Resource Residential –Little Rock, AR
- Assistant Community Manager – FirstService Residential – Wanaque, NJ
- Community Manager – FirstService Residential – San Francisco, CA
- Community Manager – Premier Farnell Group – Chicago, IL
- Social Media & Community Manager – Redpoint Ventures – Menlo Park, CA
- Community Manager – McKinley – Ann Arbor, MI
- Community Manager – Huge – Washington, DC
- Community Manager – Associa – Brentwood, TN
- Community Manager – KOG GAMES Inc. – Irvine, CA
- Community Manager – Munch Ado – New York, NY
- Community Manager – Tealium, Inc. – San Diego, CA
- Community Manager – Interface – New York, NY
- Community Manager – Lithium – San Francisco, CA
- Community Manager – ROCeteer – Las Vegas, NV
- Community Manager – Skyword – Boston, MA
- Community Manager – Carbon Media Group – Bingham Farms, MI
Looking for community peers to chat with, vent to and learn from? Check out our Facebook group and make some new community friends!