By Shannon Abram, Relationship Manager at The Community Roundtable.
If you had a chance to check out our recently released Community Manager Handbook you already know we are very into the idea of community superheroes right now. Batman and Superman have nothing on some of the amazing community professionals we highlight in the CM Handbook! Our own amazing Community team in the TheCR Network decided to take the idea of superheroes one step further, and are rolling out a monthly superhero spotlight – showcasing the superhuman work members are doing on a day-to-day basis. Stay tuned for a more in-depth look at this advocacy program from Ted later this month, and learn how you can recognize your users to increase loyalty and improve engagement.
Things We Are Reading This Week
If you run a community, don’t think like a website on metrics – As we continue to slice and dice the data from more than 200 communities for the State of Community Management 2015, we know that one of the most viewed pieces of the report will be the engagement profiles – the percentage of members who are lurking, contributing, creating and collaborating in the community. It’s a natural thing, especially for new communities, to want to look at engagement and growth metrics early as a way to show to people the success of the community.
Zeynep Tufekci: Why Are Social Causes Easy To Launch But Hard To Win? – These days, all it takes to start a protest is a cell phone, says professor Zeynep Tufekci. But does the ease of social media impede social movements from making big gains?
A Story from Google Shows You Don’t Need Power to Drive Strategy – Brian Fitzpatrick joined Google as a senior software engineer in 2005, shortly after the company’s IPO. Brian specialized in open-source software development and he quickly became a champion within the company for various initiatives focused on end users.
Employee Retention: The Keys to Long, Happy Working Relationships – Employee retention is on every leader’s mind. Building or managing a successful company means crafting and keeping a great team. After doing the hard work to recruit and hire the best employees, it’s important to make sure they stick around to do great work with you for a long time; replacing employees gets expensive fast.
The power of platforms – Properly designed business platforms can help create and capture new economic value and scale the potential for learning across entire ecosystems.
Finding Your Right Collaboration Fit – Who has time to sort through all of the options in today’s collaboration tool landscape? With more than 150 different tools available (or more, depending on how broadly you define collaboration) it will take some time to find those that are good fits for your business.
New Social Media and Community Jobs
- Social Networking Customer Advocate – CDI Corporation – Mountain View, CA
- Community Manager – Needle – Bluffdale, UT
- Community Manager – VaynerMedia LLC – San Francisco, CA
- Community Manager – Think Passenger – Community, VA
- Community Manager – MRY – San Francisco, CA
- Community Manager – The New School – New York, NY
- Social Media Team Lead, Client Services – Sephora – San Francisco, CA
- Community Manager – Preferred Family Healthcare, Inc. – St. Louis, MO
- Community Manager – IPG Mediabrands – New York, NY
- Community Manager – FirstService Residential – Scottsdale, AZ
- Community Manager – Skyword – Boston, MA
- Community Coordinator – Vivint – Lehi, UT
- Community Manager – KOG GAMES Inc. – Irvine, CA
- Assistant Social Media Editor, Women’s Health – Rodale Inc. – New York, NY
- Social Media Marketing Manager – Omni Hotels – Houston, TX
- Louisville, KY Brand Ambassador – Marley Beverage Company – Louisville, KY
- Staff: Admissions Marketing Specialist – Brenau University – Gainesville, GA
- Social Media Coordinator – NetProspex – Waltham, MA
- Coordinator of Marketing and Communications – Montclair State University – Montclair, NJ
- Digital Communications Specialist – RAR – Richmond, VA
- Social Media Representative – DISH Network – Littleton, CO
- Public Relations & Social Media Coordinator – CROSSMARK – Chicago, IL
- Marketing Manager – Lucky’s Market – Rock Hill, MO
Looking for community peers to chat with, vent to and learn from? Check out our Facebook group and make some new community friends!