By Shannon Abram, Relationship Manager at The Community Roundtable.
Last year we explored the idea of #thankitforward here on TheCR blog, and in TheCR Network and we loved the outcome so much we’re back for year two. This is our official kick off to our second year of looking back and giving thanks to those that helped us work, grow and thrive in the past year!
In the spirit of reflection and gratitude we encourage you to look back at 2014 and identify three (or more!) people who made a difference in your work and life this past year and send them a thank you via email, snail mail, or Twitter, (or whatever medium works best for you.)
- Who inspired you? Brought on a “aha moment”?
- Who was unwavering in their support of your work?
- Which exec made a difference with their sponsorship or participation?
- Which community member or advocate showed up in a big way?
- Who covered you so you could unplug for a vacation — whether a day or a week?
- Who talked you through a tough situation?
- Whose blog posts or Twitter handle kept you well informed? Or laughing!
You get the idea! We’d love if you tag any social thanks #thankitforward so we can see the gratitude spread. Of course – some thanks yous are private and we 100% encourage those as well. Our goal is to inspire reflection on your journey this past year, and help identify those that helped make it possible.
So tell us. Who will you be thanking it forward to this year? We’ll be sharing our #thankitforward posts over the next three weeks and we can’t wait to see yours!