For the fourth year we’re celebrating the idea of #thankitforward – thanking the people in your life (personally and professionally) who have made a difference in your year by letting them know. And today it seems like this small act of gratitude and kindness will go an especially long way in these last few weeks of a turbulent year.
In the spirit of reflection and gratitude we encourage you to look back at 2016 and identify three (or more!) people who made a difference in your work and life this past year and send them a thank you via email, snail mail, or Twitter, (or whatever medium works best for you.)
- Who inspired you? Brought on a “aha moment”?
- Who was unwavering in their support of your work?
- Which executive made a difference with their sponsorship or participation?
- Which community member or advocate showed up in a big way?
- Who covered you so you could unplug for a vacation — whether a day or a week?
- Who talked you through a tough situation?
- Whose blog posts or Twitter handle kept you well informed? Or laughing!
You get the idea! We’d love if you tag any social thanks #thankitforward so we can see the gratitude spread. Of course – some thanks yous are private and we 100% encourage those as well. Our goal is to inspire reflection on your journey this past year, and help identify those that helped make it possible.
So tell us. Who will you be thanking it forward to this year?