Full Job Description
At Sauce Labs, we’re looking for a dual-threat talent with a background in software development for our Director of Community.
First, this person must be able to build developer relationships across both the physical and virtual worlds based on trust and knowledge in testing and the broader SDLC. Your knowledge should extend well beyond Selenium and the Sauce Labs’ product portfolio, and into the latest frameworks developers are talking about, mobile app development trends, the movement from traditional software development to continuous release, and more. Be a key voice in the broader development community, offer advice or assistance where needed, and help prospects and customers better understand the value that Sauce Labs can provide both directly with productized solutions and indirectly through community-based action.
Second, this person must also help modernize the technology stack around Sauce Labs’ Community efforts by sourcing vendors and implementing solutions that help bring the vision of Community @ Sauce Labs to life. Whether that’s helping to roll out federated search across disparate content repositories or identifying the next big thing in Community management. You’ll be responsible for helping to define the vision for Community and turning that vision in reality with positive customer outcomes through tooling.
At Sauce Labs, you will work with a team of talented developers, solutions architects, evangelists, content creators, and more, all committed to the idea of delivering digital confidence through improved quality of product. We need your energy to harness the power of the broader developer community and keep Sauce Labs an ever-present part of the conversation and top of developers’ minds.
- Help define and own the near- and long-term vision for Community @ Sauce Labs
- Be a key voice in helping to establish the credibility of Sauce Labs within the broader developer ecosystem
- Build a system to track and measure the performance and impact of Community efforts. Plan on regular reporting of these efforts to senior leadership
- Partner with various Sauce Labs evangelists and advocates to develop an ongoing cadence of owned content, guest content, speaker’s engagements, etc. that helps to further the positive perception of Sauce Labs in the broader software development community
- Build a digital space that acts as the centralized hub for Community efforts, including showcasing recent content, forums/chat to allow for direct engagement with prospects and customers, speaker’s schedules at various events, and more
- Manage the rollout of our federated search tool, Algolia, to ensure that all relevant content is indexed and searchable and that search is available widely across Sauce Labs’ digital properties
- Be an internal champion for the Community @ Sauce Labs efforts, encouraging new and ongoing participation
- Oversee tracking and monitoring of key external sites (e.g. Stack Overflow) for relevant conversations to participate in
- Identify ways to increase the impact of Community @ Sauce Labs
- Multiple years of Community experience, including some time in a leadership position in Community efforts
- A demonstrable public record of engaging in Community-oriented efforts in a related area (e.g. technology, software development, open source, testing, mobile, etc.)
- Prior experience in Open Source efforts, Selenium, or other areas of testing is a plus but not required
- Embrace new technologies and keep pace with industry trends
- Comfortable building and giving presentations to live and virtual audiences
- Experience in Community-related tooling from sourcing through procurement, implementation and maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about the direction of Community while also working tactically to help drive the ongoing success of the day-to-day Community efforts
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally with remote and distributed teams at all levels of an organization
- Highly analytical with strong skills and judgment to break down complex problems
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience and willingness to lead conversations, operate and travel occasionally between the Sauce Labs offices in multiple time zones
Please note our privacy terms_ when applying for a job at Sauce Labs._
Sauce Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity/expression/status, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
#LI-Remote #SauceNA #LI-JI1
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit saucelabs.com.