By Shannon Abram, Relationship Manager at The Community Roundtable.
Did you get hit by the polar vortex that is sweeping the nation? We’re bracing for the cold here in Boston, and it is undeniable, Fall is fading and Winter is coming. Luckily we’ve got lots of exciting community manager content to keep you warm! This week we shared our newest eBook – “Building a Community Roadmap” sponsored by our friends at Enterprise Hive.
This eBook is based on the finding in the State of Community Management 2014, and provides definitions, templates worksheets and a great case study to get you from 0-60 on your community roadmap. You can view the eBook here or visit Enterprise Hive to download it for free!
Stayed tuned next week as we release our latest research platform – the Community Manager Salary Survey 2014. This research aims to bring more awareness to the emerging career path in community management; detailing what community professionals can expect from different roles and what hiring managers should know to grow effective community programs.
You can join this free webinar next Tuesday where Rachel will provide a deep dive into the community manager role, and overview of the research and then download the report!
Our favorite community manager articles and news from around the web:
Help! I don’t have budget to add new staff to my community team. – Budgeting challenges are a big concern for a lot of community managers. One of the most common questions we get from community members is some variation on: “Help! I don’t have budget to add new staff to my community team. Where should I prioritize my time to make sure my community continues to grow?”
Startups are flocking to hire community builders. Why now? – When 28-year-old Alex Wood traveled alone through Japan this summer, he decided not to go the conventional hostel route. As a Silicon Valley developer, he wanted to learn about the country through the eyes of an Airbnb host, but he was worried he wouldn’t meet other travelers that way.
Community Supported Everything – Education for a Changing World. What would happen if communities took higher education into their own hands? What if education meant pursuing our passions and growing at our edges, immersed in a culture of creativity, accountability, integrity and action?
Building a Community Roadmap: A State of Community Management 2014 eBook from The Community Roundtable and Enterprise Hive.
Community Manager Spotlight: AMA with Becky Scott, Sr. Community Engagement Manager at iTalent – We had so much fun with out last community manager AMA we couldn’t wait to bring you another. Join us for this 30 minute webinar on Tuesday, December 2nd at 2pm ET for an AMA (ask me anything) chat with Becky Scott, Sr. Community Engagement Manager at iTalent.
New community manager and social media jobs:
- Community Manager – Wanderu – Boston, MA
- Community Manager – Zagster – Cambridge, MA 02141
- Technical Community Manager – DigitalOcean – New York, NY
- Social Media Community Manager, Freelancer – Sideways – New York, NY
- Community Manager – Tripda – New York, NY
- Community Manager – Metamarkets – San Francisco, CA
- Community Manager – Warehouse Goods Inc – Boca Raton, FL
- Community Manager – WeddingWire – Chevy Chase, MD
- Community Manager – Young Entrepreneur Council – Boston, MA
- Community Manager Position – Urban Leash – Chicago, IL
- Community Manager Intern – Balabosta Ventures – Darien, CT
- Web Content/Community Manager – Acquia, Inc. – Burlington, MA
- Community Manager (Sausalito) – Red Tricycle – United States
- Community Manager – Finn Partners – New York, NY
- Community Manager – Sparkloft Media – Portland, OR
- Community Manager – Urban Leash – Chicago, IL
- Internal Communications Specialist Job – Marathon Oil – Houston, TX
- Employer Brand & Social Media Specialist Job – Merck – West Point, PA
- Social Media Coordinator – The Option Institute – Sheffield, MA
- Social Media Coordinator – A’GACI – Los Angeles, CA
Looking for a community management resource that provides the education of a course, the networking of a conference and unparalleled access to community experts and global practitioners? Check out the exclusive benefits of membership in TheCR Network.