By Shannon Abram, Relationship Manager at The Community Roundtable
In case you missed it (and therefore the title of this post makes no sense to you- yet!) we released the first data from the Community Manager Salary Survey this week, an infographic in conjunction with Jive Software, at JiveWorld14 in Las Vegas. You can check out the announcement here, or pop on over to the CMSS 2014 research page to download the full infographic – titled Careers in Community Management – and sign up to hear when the full research report is published in November.
As for JiveWorld itself, Rachel, Jim and Hillary are still decompressing, but it was a week of catching up with friends old and new, and putting human faces together with online connections. Rachel also had the opportunity to present on community benchmarking – a Storify of her talk is here and if you’re curious to learn more, head over to our Community Benchmark Service page or just reach out!
This week we introduced our first TheCR Champion, Maddie Grant, and took a look at how you can apply what you learned at a typical middle school dance to community management. I hope you had a great week – we’ll see you back here on Monday!
Our favorite news and links from around the web:
Exploring Engagement: The Dance Floor Theory – Since last week’s #ESNchat was focused on driving engagement in enterprise social networks I thought it would be fun to share some excerpts from a popular Roundtable call inside TheCR Network. We were lucky enough to host Kevin Prentiss, the CEO of Red Rover, as he gave an overview of his Dance Floor Theory and how it related to community management.
Why You Should Always Say “Hello” In The Elevator – I recently traveled to Europe to visit a few of our offices abroad and launch a new, exciting youth employment initiative for 2015. It was a phenomenal trip with a stellar agenda. But one of my favorite and most impactful experiences from the trip was completely unplanned–a result of what has become my new motto: Always say “hello” in the elevator.
Introducing the CMSS 2014 Infographic – If you’ve been reading our blog for the last year you know we love a good infographic, which makes todays post extra exciting. We are thrilled to share the first data from our newest research platform Community Manager Salary Survey 2014 via this new CMSS 2014 infographic: Careers in Community Management.
Why Haters Hate: Kierkegaard Explains the Psychology of Bullying and Online Trolling in 1847 – Celebrated as the first true existentialist philosopher, Danish writer and thinker Søren Kierkegaard (May 5, 1813–November 11, 1855) may have only lived a short life, but it was a deep one and its impact radiated widely outward, far across the centuries and disciplines and schools of thought.
Introducing TheCR Champions: Maddie Grant – This month we announced a new leadership program — TheCR Champions – for TheCR Network. Today I want to introduce you to one of our new Champions! Maddie Grant is a long time friend of TheCR and has facilitated Roundtable calls as a guest TheCR Expert a number of times over the past few years. We are thrilled to have her facilitating a working group and helping us to deepen our engagement, content and programming. Lucky us!
New community and social media jobs:
- Technical Community Manager –DigitalOcean – Ailey, GA
- Community Manager I – Carr Workplaces – Atlanta, GA
- Social Media Community Manager – HomeExchange.com – Los Angeles, CA
- Community Manager – RockYou – San Francisco, CA
- Community Manager – U.S. – Brainly – New York, NY
- Marketing Associate and Social Media Manager – AP Intego Insurance Group LLC – Sudbury, MA
- SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER – Sports Endeavors – North Carolina
- Social Media Manager – Vibram USA – Concord, MA
- Social Media Manager – Aqua Hotels & Resorts – O‘ahu, HI
- Social Media Manager – Capgemini – Chicago, IL
- Manager, Content Marketing and Social Media – K12 – Herndon, VA
- Community Manager / Gestionnaire de communauté – Gameloft – Montréal, QC
- Marketing Manager – Stantec – Red Deer, AB
- Manager, Community Engagement – Good Shepherd Ministries – Toronto, ON
- Communications Manager – Communications and Education – Genome British Columbia – Vancouver, BC
- Social Media Coordinator – Events and Me – Burnaby, BC
- Director of Marketing and Sales – Waskesiu & Area Wilderness Region (WWR) – Prince Albert, SK
- Social Media Coordinator –Nanotips – Richmond, BC
- Marketing and Social Media Coordinator – Rev Publishing Inc. – Niagara Falls, ON
- Social Media Manager – DEEP Inc. – Toronto, ON
Looking to further your career as a community professional? See how membership in TheCR Network gives you access to exclusive content, community experts and research to help you take the next step.