By Shannon Abram, Relationship Manager at The Community Roundtable.
If you haven’t heard the news we rolled out a new service this week – the Community Performance Benchmark. You can read all about this exciting new offering here, or check out Rachel’s thoughts here. In a nutshell the Community Performance Benchmark is a GPS for your community building journey – a valuable assessment of where your community actually stand. We benchmark your management processes and provide you with community recommendations. It’s information that gives you the ability to set priorities, make decisions and manage budgets with confidence. Sign up here to learn more.
Our favorite news & articles from around the web:
Announcement: #ESNchat + TheCR Join Forces! – So – you might be asking “What does this mean for me?” – and the answer is: almost nothing. #ESNchat will continue to run under the current hashtag and twitter handle (@esnchat) at its current time – 2pm ET on Thursdays. Jeff’s last chat as host will be next Thursday, but he’ll continue to be active as the founder and a frequent participant, helping us make sure we’re providing the most relevant and compelling content for you weekly.
Measuring Community Success: More Than Just ROI – Social leaders ready to take the next step in their community journey now have access to a new assessment tool to help them evaluate their community’s strengths and weaknesses, and make better decisions to build more successful online sharing spaces for their employees, customers and partners.
Stop the Technology Madness – Organizational Cultures Are Decades Behind – Recently the term ‘Digital Transformation’ keeps popping up as the latest buzzword bandied about by analysts and vendors and every time I hear it, I twitch just a little bit. We’ve been here before. Remember the dot-com craze? The term Digital Transformation got batted around a bit then too.
Community Management is No Longer a Mystery – Communities have been around since the beginning of time and online communities sprung up very soon after the Internet was developed. Humans have a visceral need to seek out commonality and connect around shared interests – and it is so instinctive that most people cannot articulate how communities come together and thrive. Because of this community management – and prior to that community development – has been seen largely as an art, learned through experience.
How Creative Outlets Make You a Better Community Builder – Every day I discover a new way that art, design, performance, music, and culture work to build a better world. From the League of Creative Interventionists to fantastical creatures prowling the Burning Man sands to the Thrashbird pieces all over my neighborhood in Los Angeles, I see examples of creativity in action every day. Maybe it’s because it’s my job to discover and connect purpose-driven social creatives (holla?), but I sense there’s something new happening here. Art is bursting out of our cities at the seams.
The Community Performance Benchmark: Five Reasons Why It Matters Now – We talk about (and believe strongly in) articulating goals, developing roadmaps, and plotting your community journey. But just like a trip – knowing your destination isn’t all that valuable if you don’t know where you are today. Benchmarking is a tool to do just that – tell you where you are so you can figure out how to get where you need to go.
Online Community Helps Nerds, Geeks and Gamers Get Fit – An online community geared to help nerds and video game fanatics get fit and healthy has expanded with the launch of a summer camp for adults.
New community and social media jobs:
- Social Media Community Manager – JeffreyM Consulting – Bellevue, WA
- Community Manager with strong editorial skills – Marketers Anonymous – New York, NY
- Stylist Community Manager – Fashion Industry Opportunity – Stella & Dot – San Bruno, CA
- MilSuite Community Manager – Data Systems Analysts, Inc. – Fairfax, VA
- Sr Community Manager – Orlando, FL – Pearson – Orlando, FL
- Content & Community Manager – EF College Break – Cambridge, MA
- Community Manager – Meredith Corporation – Culver City, CA
- Community Manager – Braintree/Venmo – New York, NY
- Associate Community Manager – Ignite Social Media – Cary, NC
- eSports Manager – Blizzard Entertainment – Irvine, CA
- Community Manager – FirstService Residential – Norristown, PA
- Community Manager – K. Hovnanian Companies – Bakersfield, CA
- Community Manager – Big Data – Third Eye Consulting Services & Solutions LLC. – Santa Clara, CA
- Social Media Marketing Coordinator – Marshalls – Mississauga, ON
- Social Media Specialist – Mercedes-Benz Canada Inc. – Toronto, ON
- Social Media Assistant – Sunshine Village Ski & Snowboard Resort – Banff, AB
- Customer Success Guru (Remote) – Shopify – Kingston, ON –
- Marketing Manager – Ottawa – Uber – Ottawa, ON
- PR and Communications Coordinator – Motek Cultural Initiative – Toronto, ON
- Social Media Beast – Liquid Nutrition – Montréal, QC
Looking for resources to help you excel as a community manager? Check out all TheCR Network has to offer! Toolkits, research, expert advice, case studies and more – for every stage of your community journey.