By Shannon DiGregorio, Relationship Manager at The Community Roundtable.
My title shamelessly references the second best New Year’s song of all time (Auld Land Syne wins top spot for timelessness alone) – The New Year by Death Cab for Cutie. The changing of the year can always be a little bittersweet whether your old year was amazing or could use improvement. When Ben Gibbard sings “So this is the new year, and I don’t feel any different…” I can empathize. Transitions can be tough so I hope you are easing into 2014 in whatever way makes you the happiest.
It was a slow news week around these parts, but we rounded up a few of our favorite links to enjoy with your afternoon tea. Have a happy first weekend of the New Year, we’ll see you on Monday! (PS – If you are in the Northeast of the US please stay warm today – there are dangerously low temps here.)
- Great piece on four trends in the future of work in 2014 from @stoweboyd.
- Interesting matrix of what social platforms users use another platform from @pewresearch.
- Our co-founder Rachel has chosen “Swing” as her word for 2014 – check out what that means for her here.
- Whether you’re a startup or not this talk from @clayhebert at #Lean conference has some great ideas.
- Do you make resolutions? This year I’m trying something new. I’d love to hear your thoughts.
- Wonderful example of the power of community in real life – Boston Snow Crew.