By Shannon DiGregorio Abram, Relationship Manager at The Community Roundtable.
Summer is just around the corner – today is the last day of school for many Boston-area school kids and the weather finally screams summer. Here’s to ice cream, swimming pools and staying up too late.
This was a fun week on the blog – Rachel shared her ideas about the rise of the community executive, we interviewed the people behind some of our favorite twitter chats, and shared a recap from our very first hosted twitter chat – #commbuild. July is right around the corner and we have some exciting community projects up our sleeve in the next few weeks. Today we’ve got our favorite articles from the week, plus new community and social media jobs.
The End of DIY Community Management and the Rise of the Community Executive – The discipline of community management is growing up. For us at The Community Roundtable it’s easy to see as the conversations have shifted from how we best execute on day-to-day community challenges to how do we transfer that knowledge and how do we integrate community processes into core business processes. But it’s also changing the role of the community manager…
Twitter Chats 101 – How to use twitter chats to connect with your community – If you’re on twitter (and who’s not?) you may have seen, or even taken part of a twitter chat. We love this medium for connecting with your community – whether it’s a community of like-minded professionals, subject matter enthusiasts or passionate fans or advocates.
Communitas: The Word of 2014 – Our organizations are being crippled by a combination of gale force winds and tectonic plate drifting. The leadership floor in our organizations is full of useless friction — arguably akin to continental drift — while employees continue to be blown over by colossal gusts of organizational ineptness.
CommBuild Recap: Insights from the SOCM 2014 – Last week we were lucky enough to guest host the weekly CommBuild twitter chat. If you aren’t familiar with twitter chats you can check out our overview here, and learn more about CommBuild in particular here.
You Don’t Copy a Culture – Strategic moves can be copied, or at least emulated. We can study what other companies do strategically, and then copy, to some extent, their approach within our context. Strategies and the organizations they are attached to are complex things, so it’s not as an easy task and there’s always a lot of adapting you need
Community Manager Spotlight Webinar: AMA with Hillary Boucher – In July we’re going to mix-it-up and host our very first community manager AMA chat! Our very own CM Hillary Boucher is bravely stepping up to the plate to answer any questions you might have about community management, TheCR Network or beautiful Ithaca, NY (I hear it’s gorges…) Join Hillary and host, Jim Storer at 1pm ET on July 22nd and get ready to ask her (almost) anything! Already have a great question you’d like Hillary to tackle. Send it over and we’ll add it to the queue. Register now »
The Surprising Science Behind How Super Connectors Scale Their Networks – How one of the world’s top super connectors uses scientific principles of social network analysis to dramatically scale the size and depth of his network without increasing the time spent.
Free Webinar Alert: Get Scientific about Community Management – Join Rachel Happe and Jerry Canaday from MasterCard as they discuss how to measure and improve enterprise social programs on June 26th at 12:00 PM ET. Register now >>
4 Models of Social Workplace Learning – Workplace Learning has traditionally been all about the “authoritative voice”, that is it has been about experts telling employees what they need to know, and training them in the skills they need to have to do their jobs.
New community and social media jobs:
- Senior Manager, Online Community Management Consulting at Socious – Mesa, AZ
- Social Media Strategist at Volunteermatch- Brooklyn, NY
- Director, Social Media at AT&T -Dallas, TX
- Director of Marketing, Social Media at Leading Cable Network Company – New York City, NY
- Director Social Media Issues at Nestlé Purina North America – Saint Louis, MO
- Pro Sports – Director – Social Media/Public Relations at Workinsports – Louisville, KY
- Online CommunityManager at Wellesley Information Services – Dedham, MA
- Community Manager Technical Writing and Publications at The Norland Group – Westford, MA
- Community Manager/Dir of Community Mktg at Smarterer – Boston, MA
- Senior CommunityManagerat Trailer Park – Hollywood, CA
- Marketing Manager – Social Media at Experis – Milpitas, CA
- Chief Marketing Officer & VP of Online Community Development at 2Cents – New York, NY
- Social Media Strategist at AppleOne- Orlando, FL
- Social Media Community Specialist at NetCom Learning- New York, NY
- Online Community Manager Internship at Scoop St.- New York, NY
Thanks for reading. Have a wonderful weekend!