By Shannon Abram, Relationship Manager at The Community Roundtable.
We are so excited to finally be able to share the full results from the Community Manager Salary Survey 2014. It’s a great time to be a community manager as companies big and small are starting to recognize that is a critical skill to help transform their organizations for a digitally connected world. Check out the full report and please let us know what you think!
Community News and Articles from Around the Web:
Could IBM Watson Be an Online Community Manager? – Your typical community manager: two eyes, two ears, two hands. Between 5 and 6 feet high, 150 to 225 pounds. IBM Watson: 10 racks of IBM Power 750 servers, 2,880 processor cores, 15 terabytes of RAM, 4 terabytes of disk space and 200 million pages of stored content.
Social Media Manager or Community Manager? – I’ve led social media and community management for companies, hired, and worked with many social media managers and community managers. Let’s be honest – the two roles are often confused. The number of blog posts explaining the difference should be a tip-off. In Australia, for example, most Community Manager jobs advertised are actually Social Media Manager jobs.
New Research: The Emerging Career Path for Community Professionals – It’s a great time to be a community manager. Companies big and small are starting to recognize that is a critical skill to help transform their organizations for a digitally connected world. (Results from the Community Manager Salary Survey 2014)
So You Want to Be an Online Community Manager? – Because I write a lot about online communities and online community management, I’ve had people ask me, “I’d like to make a career change into community management. Where do I start?” The first thing I tell them is that I’m not a community manager.
Why Community Manager Should Be Your Association’s Next Hire – It’s been a while since I’ve blogged about my favorite topic, association community management, right? I’m not currently working in the association world, but I still strongly believe in the importance of associations and can’t help but think “how does this apply to associations” when I read pretty much anything. This was especially true when I read this article about how startups are flocking to hire community managers, which quotes one of my idols, Rachel Happe.
Free Webinar Alert – Community Manager Spotlight: AMA with Becky Scott, Sr. Community Engagement Manager at iTalent – We had so much fun with out last community manager AMA we couldn’t wait to bring you another. Join us for this 30 minute webinar on Tuesday, December 2nd at 2pm ET for an AMA (ask me anything) chat with Becky Scott, Sr. Community Engagement Manager at iTalent.
Free Webinar Alert: Using Community Management to Drive Engagement in Higher Ed – Join Mike Mathews, CIO at Oral Roberts University and Rachel Happe, Founder and Principal at The Community Roundtable as they share best practices for implementing community programs in higher education and supporting research from the State of Community Management 2014.
New Community and Social Media Jobs:
- Community Manager – Trusted Insight, Inc. – New York, NY
- Social Media Community Manager – St. John & Partners Advertising – Jacksonville, FL
- Community Manager, OpenIDEO – IDEO – San Francisco, CA
- Digital Writer/Community Manager – DrivingSales – Sandy, UT
- Community Manager – Smart Sparrow – San Francisco, CA
- Community Manager – Advanstar Communications Inc. – Iselin, NJ
- Community Manager – CustomMade Ventures – Boston, MA
- Jive Internal Community Manager – Firmenich – Princeton, New Jersey
- Community Manager Mobile Application – AC Lion New York, NY
- Social Media Web Developer – Garmin – Olathe, KS
- Manager, Global Brand Management, ACUVUE® Brand, Social Media – Johnson & Johnson – Jacksonville, FL
- Social Media Assistant – re׃group inc. – Ann Arbor, MI
- Social Media Coordinator – Marsh Supermarkets – Indianapolis, IN
- Social Media Co-op – Keurig – Burlington, MA
- Social Associate – Starcom Mediavest Group – Chicago, IL