By Shannon DiGregorio Abram, Relationship Manager at The Community Roundtable.
UPDATE: The State of Community Management has now been viewed more than 75,000 times! Learn more about The Community Roundtable and what we do for hundreds of organizations and community managers by clicking here.
The first week of June has been an exciting one here at TheCR. The State of Community Management 2014 had it’s 30,000th view yesterday! We are thrilled that the research is connecting with and engaging community managers around the world – and we can’t thank you enough for reading along. We’ve also spent a good chuck of this week brainstorming upcoming projects, new research initiatives and more content to help members, and non-members alike advance the business of community at their organizations.
Also related to the SOCM 2014 we released our 4th poster in a 10-part series of fun facts from the report. You can check out the latest here. Do you have a favorite fact or stat from the report? Send it our way and it just might be selected as a future poster!
The Email Embargo Policy: Turn Smartphone Off and Chill!: Be honest. How often do you check your email? Do you scroll though messages before work? In bed? On vacation?
Let Your Employees Mix Business and Personal Time at Work: While taking time out of the workday to run personal errands has previously been frowned upon in the corporate world, a recent infographic by Captivate Network on “homing from work” – doing personal activities during the workday – shows mixing work and personal time may be the best way to rectify work/life conflict.
Spark Creativity with These Tips from Pixar’s President: Growing up, Ed Catmull was transfixed by two things: Disney films and computer science. He went on to earn his PhD in the latter, but he never forgot the magic he discovered in animation.
LiNC 14 social media conference: five key takeaways: Marketers and business leaders from global brands BuzzFeed, Sony and Telstra debated the future of social marketing and the value of online communities at the LiNC ‘14 conference in San Francisco.
Why You Hate Work: The way we’re working isn’t working. Even if you’re lucky enough to have a job, you’re probably not very excited to get to the office in the morning, you don’t feel much appreciated while you’re there, you find it difficult to get your most important work accomplished, amid all the distractions, and you don’t believe that what you’re doing makes much of a difference anyway.
3 Tricks to Make It Easy for Busy Executives to Participate in Your Online Community: As easy as it would be to show your executives this data and have them immediately begin actively engaging your online customer or member community, we all know that isn’t likely to happen. Executives are busy.
New social media and community jobs:
- Senior Community Manager – Social Listening Expert at iCrossing- New York, NY
- Senior Manager, Online Community Management Consulting – at Socious – Mesa, AZ
- Social Media Strategist at Analytic Recruiting, Inc.- Baltimore, MD
- Social Media/Community Manager at Extreme Networks- Salem, NH
- Social Media Community Manager at AAA Auto Club Enterprises- Costa Mesa, CA
- Social Media Manager at Villa- Philadelphia, PA
- Community Manager at Meredith Corporation- Los Angeles, CA
- Community Idea Exchange Manager at AT&T- Atlanta, GA
- Community and Contents Manager at OneTraction- San Francisco, CA
- Social Media Community Manager at A.T. Kearney, Inc.- Chicago, IL
- Stylist Community Manager at Stella & Dot- San Bruno, CA
- Social Media Community Manager at Cardtronics- Houston, TX
- Community Manager at Electronic Arts- Los Angeles, CA
- Community Manager at Cie Games- Long Beach, CA
- Content/Community Manager at Lawley Insurance- Buffalo, NY
- Community Manager at Blizzard Entertainment – Irvine, CA
It’s so exciting to see so many new community manager jobs cropping up every week all around the country! We’ll see you back here next week. We’ll share the recap from this week’s awesome Community Manager Spotlight webinar with Ian White and more!
Are you a Community Manager looking to take your career to the next level? 92% of members agree that TheCR Network supports and advances their personal and professional goals. Learn how our research, access to peers and experts, targeted content and exclusive concierge service can help you achieve your goals.