By Hillary Boucher, Community Manager The Community Roundtable.
Turns out Fall 2014 is a pretty big season here at TheCR. (In case you missed it we announced a new service last week and announced our new partnership with #ESNchat the week before!) Today, I’m excited to share some news from inside TheCR Network.
After months of work, we are launching a leadership program for TheCR Network called TheCR Champions. This program serves to:
- Deepen conversations among special interest groups who share a common use case or characteristic
- Enhance our content and programming by having community leaders, who have deep expertise in their domain, lead conversations
- Connect you more closely with similar peers and industry experts
We’ve sought out Champions who are experts in the space and who can add depth to the conversation in their respective domains, introduce members to the others within their personal networks, and facilitate a special interest group within TheCR Network.
We have launched three special interest groups to start:
- Associations & NFP/Non-Profits: exploring issues related to associations and non-profit organizations in the social and community space
- The Social Executive: to explore and curate best practices for gaining executive support and coaching executives to get started and succeed in their communities
- Business Model Innovation: to explore the critical role of community elements in the development of new business models at enterprises large and small
We have groups on social support and governance launching soon, with groups on ESN/collaboration and social media in the works.
What does this mean for our members? They’ve seen (and will continue to see) more content and programming (available to the entire network but tailored to specific groups) with a variety of quality facilitators and guest experts that address special interests.
For me, it’s the culmination of months of work below the visible surface of the community – the iceberg effect of community management – and over the next few weeks, I’ll be introducing our first TheCR Champions on the blog. We are honored to work with them and excited to have them invest their time and expertise inside the network, and we want to give you an idea of the special work they are doing.
Thanks for reading along. I love sharing the cool stuff that happens inside the Network, and I’d love to chat with you if you think membership might be a good fit for you and your community journey. Drop me a line!
Want to take advantage of programs like TheCR Champions? Join the Network today!