Do you want to join The Community Roundtable team and become a skilled community manager? We are thrilled to announce that we are hiring a Community Management Fellow.
Why a Fellow? In short, a fellowship position at TheCR is a training role with a stipend. The Community Roundtable has hired a number of fellows over the years because it is a unique opportunity for both an individual, TheCR and TheCR’s ecosystem to benefit. Our fellowships are intended to last 6-12 months and give individuals a strong background and network with which to find a permanent community manager position – you can read more about this program here.
What you will learn:
- What strong community management looks like by shadowing our community manager, Hillary Boucher (who was also our first fellow in 2011!)
- How to prioritize and execute on the many responsibilities of community managers
- Techniques to drive engagement and collaboration that creates value
- How to work with a fast-paced, transparent and collaborative team that has a bias for action and as little overhead as possible
- How a community management approach to business transforms work into a series of fluid, meaningful collaborations with a network of individuals that build value
You might be our next community management fellow if you:
- Love people and have experience with social technologies and online communities
- Care about your work and the people with whom you work
- Bring your best effort to every project but can leave your ego at the door
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoy project management and are very organized
- Love content creation (maybe you love PowerPoint, maybe the idea of writing case studies gets you excited, or perhaps podcasts are your thing)
- Are self-organized, self-driven and have strong project management skills
- Think analytically: you are comfortable with and interested in data and analysis
- Enjoy the flexibility – and responsibility – of working from home
- Want to learn more about community management – you will work closely with our Community Manager and must love the internet, people and building community
- Help TheCR team and our ecosystem to demonstrate the value of community and community management
- Ensure that TheCR Network generates more value for members than they contribute
- Managing member relationships and being responsive to member needs
- Program planning & management
- Content curation & creation
- Documentation of processes
- Special projects which, depending on the person’s skill set and interests, could be research, content, business development, marketing, or events projects.
You might be the ideal candidate if:
You are interested in starting a career in community management but already know how to rock a project from start to finish, loves to tell stories with data and have a penchant for creating compelling content.
Do you have what it takes? Are you excited by what we could do together? Please tell us more about you! While not a requirement for the right candidate, preference will be given to people within commuting distance from Boston.