By Hillary Boucher, Community Manager at The Community Roundtable.
Last December our team took the month to reflect on who had impacted our lives and work that year and made aconscious effort share our gratitude with those community members, teammates, partners, and mentors. It was a great exercise and we were pleased to see some members even took it back to their own communities!
I posted my #thankitforward in TheCR Network this week, and wanted to share it here with you as well. This is extremely difficult because I have the unique vantage point of seeing how valuable all our members are to the network, but this year I am going to shout out our Champions because they are awesome.
- Maddie Grant (Association & Non-profits Working Group)
- Jennifer Honig (The Social Executive Working Group)
- Renee Hopkins (Business Model Innovation Working Group)
These folks have stuck with me as we rolled our our pilot leadership program. I’ve so enjoyed working with them on programming for the network and the value they’ve added to network and programming is invaluable. I’m so grateful! Thank you, Maddie, Jennifer and Renee!
Who in your network or community made a difference for you this year?
- Was there a member who responded with a helpful answer to a question you posted in the forums?
- Did someone offer to connect offline on a topic you were working on?
- Someone who makes your day a little brighter when you come into Happy Hour?
- An expert or facilitator who impressed and inspired you?
- Did you meet a fellow member at an event and find that connection valuable?
- Was there a colleague or member who acted as a mentor in some capacity?
Give them a shout out here! Shout out one person or three. Doesn’t matter. Just keep thanking it forward!
Looking for a way to connect with community peers around the world? Have some year-end budget to spend before December 31st? Join TheCR Network and become part of an expert network of community professionals.