Want to level up your community and your career?
Join TheCR Network, and in addition to exclusive access to trusted research, resources, tools, and programming you can take every course in TheCR Academy for free (a $495 value each!) Learn more.
The Community Roundtable’s Internal Community Manager Fundamentals Course for new internal community managers outlines the scope of the internal community manager role and provides prescriptive approaches for successful community management.
Who should register?
This program is targeted at Internal Community Managers who:
- Are brand new to their role and need to get quickly up to speed.
- Have been in their role for 1-2 years and want a refresher on role fundamentals and techniques for member engagement.
- Works with an internal community (usually an employee community, aka an enterprise social network/esn)
What will I learn?
Participants will learn:
- The role and value of community management
- How to profile community members
- How to prepare a strategy that sets your community up for success
- Good practices for starting new communities
- Member engagement tips and techniques
- How to measure community performance
What is the course format?
This course material is intended for self-paced learning that can easily be completed in 4-6 weeks. Each session includes a short video lesson and an accompanying worksheet to practice real world application.
Session 1: Definition of Community & Community Management
Characteristics of online communities and the role and scope of community management
Session 2: Profiling Community Member Segments
Understanding your members and how they collaborate to plan for strong engagement in your community
Session 3: Community Strategy
Preparing, communicating and acting on your community strategy
Session 4: Starting a Community
Key practices for starting communities and planning for the first few weeks
Session 5: Building Engagement & Value
Understanding, defining and creating valuable member engagement opportunities in your community
Session 6: Measurement & Reporting
Tracking, measuring and communicating community performance
Those who complete the course successfully receive a Certificate of Completion.