Since our initial Community Careers and Compensation research in 2014, communities are now the most efficient way to engage and empower organizational ecosystems. We now see a diverse range of industries investing in community approaches with more roles, responsibilities, and visibility available to community professionals.
Community professionals are increasingly seen as transformational leaders who help their organizations evolve leadership and engagement models to suit a new era. This report outlines how leading-edge community teams are defined, compensated, and structured to support these critical organizational efforts.
The comprehensive, 70-page Community Careers and Compensation report includes:
- Comprehensive, research-backed reviews of the key findings
- Profiles of four common community roles: Community Specialist, Community Manager, Community Strategist, and Director of Community - including responsibilities, skills and salary data
- Recommendations for defining and hiring exceptional community talent
- 32 detailed job descriptions for common community roles
Community Careers and Compensation 2020
Key findings are packed with actionable insights and exclusive data
Salary data and skill profiles for the four most common community roles
Use 32 unique job descriptions to hire and hone top community talent
Community Professionals can use this research to:
- Define an effective team structure – Review career pathways and relevant job descriptions to optimize your team.
- Manage team growth – Use the Community Skills Framework™ to identify gaps in your team and develop strategic priorities to hire the right people.
- Negotiate new roles – Use this data to help you frame conversations with and educate hiring managers.
- Justify training and development and invest in training and certifications for online community professionals.
Human Resources Managers can use this research to:
- Define career paths – Ensure you provide compelling reasons for valuable employees to stay.
- Improve recruiting success – Design research-backed job descriptions with aligned compensation to get the best candidates to accept job offers.
- Create development plans – Define skills and responsibility targets and review community management performance. Find resources for training and certifications for your online community professionals.
Choose the license that best suits your needs.
Note: Members of TheCR Network have access to an individually-licensed copy of the Community Careers and Compensation report for free inside the Network. Click to download. If you are a member and wish to purchase an enterprise license please contact us for discounted pricing.
More About Individual Licenses
An individual license is for individuals who purchase a license with their own funds or are the sole user of a license purchased by their organization.
Research downloaded under an individual license cannot be copied, reproduced, or shared in any way.
More About Enterprise Licenses
An enterprise license is the standard licensing option for organizations and business entities. Licenses are purchased by the company and can be used by an unlimited number of people within that organization.
An enterprise license grants the holder permission to share the research internally and does not grant permission for the research to be copied, shared or reproduced in full or part without express written consent from The Community Roundtable.