TheCR Connect is a three-day learning conference exclusively for online community practitioners - those engaged in the development, implementation, management, and measurement of community initiatives.
You might be a community manager for a 5,000 person employee community, the community specialist at a start-up, or the director of community for a Fortune 500 brand.
TheCR Connect is for people who want to:
- get their hands dirty in practical workshops
- find solutions to their community challenges
- connect with other community leaders
- share their knowledge and learn from others
- walk away inspired to improve their community
In 2016 we explored the theme "Community Takes Center Stage" through sessions, group discussions, and hands-on training programs. In 2017 we took that idea further with "Telling Your Community Story" - as the spotlight shines brighter on community programs, we explored how to build your community narrative, prove your community's ROI, and sell your community success to stakeholders. In 2018 we tackled the idea that Community Accelerates Organizational Transformation.
The theme for Connect 2019 is "Community Leaders Ascend."
Our 2019 State of Community Management research found that community leaders are often still isolated from business decision-making and those involved in business operations often don’t understand communities. As communities become more integrated and influential this disconnect is creating ever greater risk. Communities are impacting organizations in a wide range of ways but they are not institutionalized, leaving them vulnerable to small changes in leadership. We will focus on ways for community leaders to create a greater impact in their programs and organizations as a whole.
We encourage active community practitioners at every level of the organization to participate in TheCR Connect. A limited number of passes are available, as we strive for an intimate group of engaged peers.
Last year, participants represented a wide variety of community roles and titles, including:
- Director of Digital Communications
- Community Manager
- Business Program Manager
- Corporate Operations Manager
- Director of Human Resources
- Communications Coordinator
- Community Strategist
- Global Communications Manager
- Sr Director, Connected Customer Experience
- Strategist, Online Collaboration
- Enterprise Community Manager
- Social Media Consultant
- Manager, Community Development
- Director of Knowledge Management
- Digital Community Manager
- Sr. Learning Strategist
- Global Head of Community and Social Media
- Customer Engagement Associate
- Director, Online Communities
- Program Manager Global Support - Community
- Senior Manager, Community Operations
- Strategic Advisor, Community Engagement
- Sr. Manager, Learning Experience & Delivery
- VP, Talent & Learning
- Head of Communities and Engagement
- Sr. Director of Member Engagement
- VP Industry Marketing
- Community Engagement Manager
- Advisor, Community Engagement
- Director- Community and Content Integration
- Technical Support Knowledge Analyst
- Community Moderator
- Director of Community
- Intranet Manager
- Collaboration Programs Manager
Connect 2019 FAQ
When is Connect this year?
TheCR Connect will take place on September 24-25 in Boston, MA. There is an optional pre-conference Community Solutions Showcase on Monday, September 23rd that is included in your event pass price.
What does my event pass include?
Your Connect pass includes the full two-day Connect workshop experience, and our new pre-conference Solutions Showcase. Breakfast, lunch, and snacks (and unlimited coffee!) are provided all three days.
Your pass also includes parties on Monday and Tuesday nights.
How can I be a speaker at Connect?
The majority of our speakers are taken from our member attendees.
If you are currently a member you'll be asked to indicate your interest when you register. If you aren't a member you can join TheCR Network here.
How can I pitch Connect as a great investment to my stakeholders?
TheCR Connect wouldn't be possible without the support of our partners.