TheCR Connect is a learning conference exclusively for online community practitioners - those engaged in the development, implementation, management, and measurement of community initiatives.
You might be a community manager for a 50,000-person employee community, the community specialist at a start-up, or the director of community for a Fortune 500 brand.
TheCR Connect is for people who want to:
- get their hands dirty in practical workshops
- find solutions to their community challenges
- connect with other community leaders
- share their knowledge and learn from others
- walk away inspired to improve their community
More information about registration for Connect 2020 will be available soon.
In 2016 we explored the theme "Community Takes Center Stage" through sessions, group discussions, and hands-on training programs. In 2017 we took that idea further with "Telling Your Community Story" - as the spotlight shines brighter on community programs, we explored how to build your community narrative, prove your community's ROI, and sell your community success to stakeholders. In 2018 we tackled the idea that Community Accelerates Organizational Transformation.
The theme for Connect 2019 was "Community Leaders Ascend."
Stay tuned for the Connect 2020 theme announcement!
We encourage active community practitioners at every level of the organization to participate in TheCR Connect. A limited number of passes are available, as we strive for an intimate group of engaged peers.
Last year, participants represented a wide variety of community roles and titles, including:
- Director of Digital Communications
- Community Manager
- Business Program Manager
- Corporate Operations Manager
- Director of Human Resources
- Communications Coordinator
- Community Strategist
- Global Communications Manager
- Sr Director, Connected Customer Experience
- Strategist, Online Collaboration
- Enterprise Community Manager
- Social Media Consultant
- Manager, Community Development
- Director of Knowledge Management
- Digital Community Manager
- Sr. Learning Strategist
- Global Head of Community and Social Media
- Customer Engagement Associate
- Director, Online Communities
- Program Manager Global Support - Community
- Senior Manager, Community Operations
- Strategic Advisor, Community Engagement
- Sr. Manager, Learning Experience & Delivery
- VP, Talent & Learning
- Head of Communities and Engagement
- Sr. Director of Member Engagement
- VP Industry Marketing
- Community Engagement Manager
- Advisor, Community Engagement
- Director- Community and Content Integration
- Technical Support Knowledge Analyst
- Community Moderator
- Director of Community
- Intranet Manager
- Collaboration Programs Manager
How much does a ticket for Connect 2020 cost?
All Connect 2020 sessions are free for all active members of TheCR Network.
How can I be a speaker at Connect?
The majority of our speakers are taken from our member attendees.
If you are currently a member you'll be asked to indicate your interest when you register. If you aren't a member you can join TheCR Network here. TheCR Connect is free for all members of TheCR Network.
How can I pitch Connect as a great investment to my stakeholders?
Isn't a month a long time for an event?!
The COVID-19 pandemic has prompted us to explore how to design Connect 2020 in a safe way that fulfills your desire to deeply connect with peers. Moving to a virtual experience isn’t simple, at least in the way we’re thinking about it. We can’t imagine a virtual two day Connect… Zoom fatigue is real and we want to avoid trying to jam too much content into a limited time frame.
Based on member feedback and guidance, we have reimagined Connect as a month-long community celebration, with sessions running at regularly scheduled times on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday each week. Keynotes, case studies, product demos, show and tells, and unique network opportunities will weave into a comprehensive agenda – spanning time zones and transcending distance.