By Shannon Abram, Relationship Manager at The Community Roundtable
The Community Careers and Compensation survey rolls on!
Jokes aside, research like this is critical to the work we do as an organization and to the community industry as a while; the more data we collect, the more comprehensive the final report will be.
So, if you have an extra five minutes (seriously, it’s short!) today please help us out and add your expertise.
Take the survey: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2243158/3742
Oh – and a quick note about confidentiality and data:
Talking about money is uncomfortable. It’s personal. It’s also incredibly powerful information for the profession.
If we want communities to reach their potential, we need to do a better job of structuring the roles, responsibilities and compensation of those who run them. And we can’t do that without knowing what you are tasked with, how you got to where you are, and yes, how much you make for doing it – and ensuring the validity of that data by knowing who you are.
Here’s our pledge:
– We will never share individual survey data with anyone outside TheCR research team – ever. And that includes with other members of The Community Roundtable staff.
– We will never publish raw data or individual surveys. Ever.
– We immediately remove personal information from the raw data we are analyzing, so that the data we work with doesn’t include your personal information.
– We also only ask for your salary range, rather than your exact compensation, as we balance the need for accurate data with the desire to respect your privacy.
If you have questions about the survey after you take it – ask us. Our business – like communities themselves – is based on trust, and we want to make you feel as comfortable sharing your data with us as possible.
Things We Are Reading This Week
State of Community Management Monday Fact #9: Community playbook – If you’ve played team sports for any period of time, you’ve probably had the need to learn plays – and with good reason. No matter how strong your individual skills, knowing what you…
TheCR Network Sneak Peek: August 2015 – Hold onto your pumpkin spice lattes – according to the calendar it’s still summer until September 22. I’ll take it! We’ve had an incredible summer inside TheCR Network. Yes, some…
Pete Kaminski: Tools as Substrates for Community – A while ago, my friend Peter Kaminski wrote something that was so terrific, I said “May I blog that?” He said yes. So it is about time I share this (emphasis mine): I just wrote elsewhere…
Conversations with Community Managers – Nicole Fusz, Premier Farnell/element14 – Welcome to the latest episode in our community podcast series, “Conversations with Community Managers.” Join TheCR’s Jim Storer and Shannon Abram as they chat with community managers…
Want to get new community members off to a good start? Be human. – A few weeks ago, I had the chance to talk with members of TheCR Network about Best Practices in New Member Programs. It was a great, member-driven sharing of ideas and approaches to using welcome programs…
New Community and Social Media Jobs
- Online Community Manager – TechTarget – Newton, MA
- OpenIDEO Community Manager (Contract) – IDEO – San Francisco, CA
- Senior Community Manager – Ubisoft, Inc. – Morrisville, NC
- Community Manager / User Relationship Manager –CrowdStar – Burlingame, CA
- Public Relations Community Manager – Health Perspectives Group – Seattle, WA
- Community Manager – Lifesize – Austin, TX
- Community Manager – IPG Mediabrands – Birmingham, MI
- Associate Community Manager – Social Envi – Los Angeles, CA
- Associate Community Manager – WeWork – Seattle, WA
Community Manager, Relay For Life – Hazard, KY – American Cancer Society – Hazard, KYPodcast Community Manager – Online and Offline – Narativ, Inc. – Brooklyn, NY
Community Manager – MBCAA – Dallas, TX