By Shannon Abram, The Community Roundtable
While many of our readers started out as community managers, as the community management industry has expanded so have the opportunities available for community practitioners. Now the community career ladder extends to directors of community and beyond. But, how do you prepare yourself for going from managing a community to managing a community program? This week Ted McEnroe shared six skills that are essentials for directors of community.
And, next week we kick off our first guided training class – only a couple of spots remain, if you’re interested in learning how to manage a community program and develop you community leadership skills then join us! Learn more about Community Program Essentials or register now!
What We Are Reading This Week:
Six skills to make you a successful Director of Community – Great guide to leveling up your community skills.
The Art of The Possible : Working Out Loud – It’s not secret we’re huge fans of the WOL movement. Great look at how it can open minds and doors.
Why I Don’t Want To Join Your Community – As the use of community in marketing and brand building rises community builders need to be mindful of what’s in it for community participants…
How Kindness Makes Your Content More Successful – Thinking about about our intentions affect our output…
New Community Manager and Social Media Jobs:
- Enterprise Community and Knowledge Manager – CommVault Systems – Tinton Falls, NJ
- Internal Communications Manager – Athenahealth – Watertown, MA
- Community Manager – Higher LOGIC – Arlington, VA
- Social Media & Community Manager – Bookspan – New York City, NY
- Jive PM – Enterprise Solutions – San Jose, CA
- Senior Specialist, Community Management – Altria – Richmond, VA
- Digital Marketing Analyst – Customer Solutions – Pepsi – White Plains, NY
- Community Manager – Express Services – Longmont, CO
- Community Manager – Congressional Bank – Bethesda, MD
- Specialist, Social Engagement – American Airlines – Fort Worth, TX
- Assistant Marketing Manager – Ahava – New York City, NY
- Communications Planner & Digital Strategist – Edelman – New York
- Social Media Community Manager – Petsmart – Phoenix, AZ
- Director Social Media – Carlson Rezidor – Minnetonka, MN
- Project Manager – Online Communities – Qliktech International – Newton, MA