By Shannon Abram, Relationship Manager at The Community Roundtable
If you have a few spare minutes (we’ve heard it take less than 10 minutes to complete) we’d love your support for the CCC. Here’s how you can help:
- Take the survey: No matter what your role in community, we want to hear from you. Go to https://the.cr/ccc2015survey – give us 15 minutes of your time to tell us about your journey.
- Share the survey: The better the data we collect, the more valuable the results will be. By sharing the survey link via social media and encouraging colleagues and friends in the community space to take it, you’re helping to make this a more powerful tool for you.
- Continue the conversation: A survey alone won’t do it. The conversation about the survey and the issues are important. Members of TheCR Network helped create and revise the 2014 and 2015 surveys and the conversations that it triggered provided great insight. If you are not a member of TheCR Network, join our Facebook group.
Things We Are Reading This Week
Culture Jamming SAP – A couple of weeks ago Mark Yolton was invited to an offsite by Jonathan Becher, SAP’s newly minted Chief Marketing Officer. Mark told me how inspired he was by the event. Jonathan quoted Peter Drucker: “Culture eats strategy for breakfast!”.
How I Work: An Interview with Daniel Marotta from Penn Foster Education – It was a true pleasure to interview Daniel Marotta, Community Manager at Penn Foster Education. Daniel caught my eye in the Jive Community because he’s been a member since June of 2008 and he has quite a lot of connections. But, most importantly, he’s got a great sense of humor which shines when he shares how he works…
Community Careers and Compensation 2015: The survey is open! – The Community Roundtable is kicking off the survey period for the Community Careers and Compensation 2015 survey. It’s the second year of our annual effort to rationalize the profession of community management – giving both community professionals and those who manage and hire them a better understanding of the skills, roles and compensation of community professionals.
TheCR Connect Agenda – TheCR Connect is the inaugural workshop in our regional events series. Kicking off in Boston this Fall, TheCR Connect is an event exclusively for community practitioners – those engaged in the development, implementation, management and measurement of community initiatives. You might be a community manager for a 5,000 person internal community, the community specialist at a start-up, or the director of community for a Fortune 500 brand. Learn more.
New Community and Social Media Jobs
- Community Manager – kaboom productions – San Francisco, CA
- Social Media/Online Community Manager – JoyFlavor Technologies – Lake Forest, CA
- B2B Social Media Community Manager – AIMG – Long Island, NY
- Community Manager, Salesforce University – Salesforce – San Francisco, CA
- Senior Community Manager – Ubisoft, Inc. – Morrisville, NC
- Social Media Community Manager (Contract) – JeffreyM Consulting – Oak Brook, I
- Customer Care Community Manager – Automatic Labs – San Francisco, C
- Public Relations Community Manager – Health Perspectives Group – Seattle, W
- Blog Community Manager – SEMrush.com – Trevose, PA
- Community Manager Intern – Lunchcruit – San Francisco, CA
- Community Manager– AlleyNYC – New York, NY
- Community Manager – Brand Connections – New York, NY
- Talent Community Manager – Logistics Health Incorporated – La Crosse, WI